Project help:- Nottingham clubs / turners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studioman

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am a retired woodwork teacher, and as such I no longer have use of a wood lathe, BUT I am making a couple of loudspeaker cabinets and I need a couple of identical parts turning on a wood lathe.

These can be made of any stable wood (stable at room temperature) They are air guides for the rear of a bass port. They are basically ‘volcano’ shapes, but the curvature is elliptical. 1 need a pair.

Please would anyone who is interested have a look at the image attached and let me know if you can help, and whether it will be relatively affordable?

Many thanks, David (Nottingham)

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/373658100313178195/

Thank you both!

Sorry for the late reply......I hadn't set my options on the site to notify me if anyone replied, so I hadn't realised you had responded!!!

Anyway, many thanks to you both for responding.

To be honest, I was thinking over my options as to whether I asked if I could use someone else's lathe, or whether I paid to get someone else to do it for me. Whichever gets me a result, I am happy with.

I have sent a PM to Nick, but thanks also to Greg, I may need to take up your advice.

Best regards, David

Back