Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like those stools too. I thought from the first line of the post you must have used a pole or treadle lathe, but I see it is just a lot of care with planes and a shave. Yery good. Even bigger accomplishment to make two that match !

Who needs these newfangled power tools anyway. I bet in another century there won't be many people still getting pleasure from using 100 year old Festool kit !

This is a horse shoe sign I did for a friend

Attachments

• 2ndhorseshoe.jpg
    2ndhorseshoe.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 92
Sheffield Tony":f6qspuhi said:
.......... I bet in another century there won't be many people still getting pleasure from using 100 year old Festool kit !
It'll be bung the timber in input side of the CNC and press the button, have a cuppa and a biscuit, then the finished item pops out the other :)

Great stools. The sort of thing i aspire to make but will probably never get around to.

Wolfey, that little dog sign is cool. Is it just drawn on and with what?

RogerP":3678zfy9 said:
Sheffield Tony":3678zfy9 said:
.......... I bet in another century there won't be many people still getting pleasure from using 100 year old Festool kit !
It'll be bung the timber in input side of the CNC and press the button, have a cuppa and a biscuit, then the finished item pops out the other :)

Nahh, It'll be draw the item in CAD (actually in 100 eyars it'll probably be Think the item in CAD), hit print and voila out of the container sized 3D printer that takes ground up trees/rocks/children/animals and makes "fine antique furniture"

woodenstuart":vur3dtjx said:
RogerP":vur3dtjx said:
Sheffield Tony":vur3dtjx said:

Nahh, It'll be draw the item in CAD (actually in 100 eyars it'll probably be Think the item in CAD), hit print and voila out of the container sized 3D printer that takes ground up trees/rocks/children/animals and makes "fine antique furniture"

You guys really are optimists. Equally likely in 100 (or so) years time you won't be able to afford something made from an actual tree. [Think the Bladerunner scene with the exotic dancer. Deckard: "It's artificial ?" Zhora: "Of course it is. Do you think I'd be working in a place like this if I could afford a real snake ?"]

But I'm wandering off topic.

Hi all, and thank you for the comments.
Woodchips2,
thank you. I'll bear that in mind if anyone asks for any.
custard,
the seats were shaped before assembly, then it was only a trimming excercise.
devonwoody,
thank you DW.
Racers,
thank you Pete, I hope they don't crack, but that's life after all.
Sheffield Tony,
they don't actually match. One of the legs is off. When I place one upside down and try to place the other on the legs three are ok but one if off more than I would like. If I turn the top one around another one doesn't match. Thank you anyway.
Totally off-topic but do you know of a pole lathe arrangement for someone with low foot lift? Less than 6" in my case.
skipdiver,
Give it a whirl, all you have to lose is time, and a little bit of timber. I get a kick out of trying to read the grain.

Thanks again, xy.

This is the first time I've logged into the forum for about 3 weeks; it's nice to see people are still arguing about cap irons and sharpening :D

Anyway, I've given up woodworking so that I can finally pursue my dream of a career in aeronautical engineering:

794B8AFC-8A2A-4687-8C09-BE2E3C98F91F.jpg

Oh, that is lovely! Looks just like the coastguard sea-king I used to see on holiday in Pembrokeshire.

Yesterday I made these budget mft dogs using 20mm plastic conduit I had spare, and a 35p pack of straight couplers. Each coupler makes 4 dogs.

Also in shot are my rail-dogs, courtesy of my dad's little metal working lathe, I can't take credit for those.

Attachments

• _20161021_085730.JPG
    _20161021_085730.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 261
Just finished these chairs now ready for delivery.

PA210002 (600x450) - Copy.jpg

ch1 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• PA210002 (600x450) - Copy.jpg
    PA210002 (600x450) - Copy.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 269
  • ch1 - Copy.jpg
    ch1 - Copy.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 269
Yes I know but when you are copying you have to go with it, shame as the rest of the house is truly magnificent. I did sub out the turning to a guy who has a cnc lathe and the upholstery to someone who knows what they are doing.

phil.p":3bhej47o said:
Nice work. The customer is always right, I suppose - I wouldn't have them in my house. Horrible ... but it doesn't pay to have an opinion when you're being paid to make things, does it? :lol:

:lol: I quite like them. Wish I had the time and skill to make them myself!

Back