Planning it early.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James C

Established Member
Reaction score
Been chatting to the wife about holidays and because money is scarce due to being young, newly married and all that we will be spending part of my *Cough* 6 week holiday *ahem* house sitting at her parents near Wolves.

Seeing as I will be there for a week or two I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew of any good locations for a spot of tool acquiring; car boot or shops?

Any recommendations welcome.

Got to get this planned in early haven't I?

60 years ago, I would have gone to the nearest main road and used my thumb and got somewhere. 65 years ago I used to travel BR free, always last to get off the platform when the ticket collector had gone for his brew up.

You'd only be an hour or so from Leicester, which is better than if you were starting from home.
So if you time it right you could go to a tool auction at David Stanley - see http://www.davidstanley.com/

The international sales have the cream and the 'general' sales have the sort of tools that ordinary mortals use. The auctions are open for viewing the day before, when you will also find an assortment of wonderful collectable/ usable second hand dealers with their own stalls. At least, it did when it was near Burton, but I can't find any reference to that on the website now. Toolsntat my well know more as he is local and interested in such things!

Back