Pen assembly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Just made my first Pen :D had to reject 2 to the bin :( I have a problem with assembling the Pens as I have no assembling tool ( can't afford to buy one). How all you Pen makes assemble your Pens :?: :?:

As CHJ has shown is a good way. I have used the ratchet clamps to assemble mine as they have nice soft jaws. I have also seen people use their woodworking vice as well

Use your lathe or drill press. A pad turned (made of hardwood or plastic) to fit the drill chuck in the tailstock and MDF or similar mounted to a faceplate. Push the parts together by winding in the tailstock. Same pad in the drill press pushing down towards the table.

Pete

I used to use a bench vice with soft jaws. Lots of control to carefully wind in insert and was sitting there on the bench.

BM

I have only just started pen turning as well, I used my woodworking vice with 2 wooden faces on jaws.

Thanks for all the replies :D I do not have a bench press and my vice is not big enough to use so I think I will make one (thanks Dalboy) or use the tail stock never thought of using that :mrgreen:

Here's my pen press.

Attachments

• IMG_20140820_144558_thumb.JPG
    IMG_20140820_144558_thumb.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 700

Latest posts

Back