Paring Chisel from Wilco Flier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if the website is working again? Can anyone post the link now?

I did email Wilco a while back offering to help with the website (I'm an IT guy) and that offer is still there if the site isn't fixed yet.

hi,

i am interested in a paring chisel but there are none for sale on the blog. Could you please give me some details?

Thanks

Hello Marcros,

Well that's a quick reaction! ;-)

Paring chisels are made on request. You can just e-mail me your wishes and I will handle your order.

I think the section of my blog to which you refer is the "tools for sale" section, this section is a special place to sell al the tools I have already made and are not sold yet, like over-stock. Most of my tools are made in on request but sometimes I made a special version or something like that which are for sale in this section.

But normally all my tools are made on request.

Thank you for your interest in my paring chisels. Please send me an email to: wilco.flier /at/ hotmail.com to discuss al your wishes! :)

thread bump! just to show off, basically... :)

my 6mm paring chisel is ready for shipping, so i´m yet to put it to some work - but i really like the design and workmanship on Wilco´s paring chisel and wanted to share. Brazilian rosewood handle.

cheers,
Miguel.

Attachments

• brw_paring_chisel.JPG
    brw_paring_chisel.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 2,615
mine cannot be far behind then!

Hello Marcros,

That's right, yours is finished too! See the pictures below. It's the 3rd seen from the left... I will send you an e-mail asap.

Attachments

• 100_4679A.jpg
    100_4679A.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 2,569
  • 100_4682A.jpg
    100_4682A.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 2,569
I bought a couple of pairing chisels from Wilco last year!

Paring+beitels+2.jpg

After receiving the chisels and discovering what fantastic quality they were I decided that I would order some more.

So I ordered a 12mm, 18mm and 25mm Pairing chisels. I also ordered a Bracing chisel; which is used in guitar making to shape the bracing on the top and back of a an acoustic guitar and a 6" Draw knife.

DSC_0636_zps7df2d79e.jpg

They arrived today and are just fantastic :)

The fit and finish of the tools is to an extremely high quality and balanced to perfection. :)

I've already put in my next order and these will be a set of bench chisels.

I would recommend Wilco's tools to anyone, they are very competitively priced compared to mass produced high end chisels and are custom made to your requirements.

All the best
Dave

Hello Dazzer,

Nice to hear that the tools have arrived! I'm even more happy that you like the tools. Thank you for this message on the forum. I am currently busy with planning the next batch, your bench chisel order is a very nice start for the next batch, but I need to save up some more orders to make the heat treatment affordable ;-).

Enjoy your tools!

Dave - have you had chance to try out the curved chisel yet? How do you envisage sharpening it? Angle, jig/freehand etc? (Note, I don't want to start off another sharpening thread, but I am keen to acquire such a tool, and I would much rather hand cash over to a custom toolmaker than to StewMac).

Cheers,
Adam

Kalimna":3rftzho8 said:
Dave - have you had chance to try out the curved chisel yet? How do you envisage sharpening it? Angle, jig/freehand etc? (Note, I don't want to start off another sharpening thread, but I am keen to acquire such a tool, and I would much rather hand cash over to a custom toolmaker than to StewMac).

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam

Sorry I've only just seen your post!

I haven't tried the chisel out yet but will do over the next few weeks as I have some braces to shape.

I was taught to sharpen freehand when I was an apprentice many years ago, but I now use the Veritas mark II honing guide. When I was working as a cabinet maker I did my sharpening by hand as it was quicker but now I can take my time and find it enjoyable to use the Veritas guide. :)

I will try to use the guide to sharpen the chisel but if that doesn't work I will freehand sharpen the chisel, I will let you know.

Again I would recommend Wilco's tools to anyone, they're fantastic :)

Dave

Having now long time experience with the paring chisel, I just have to make a compliment to Wilco. The tool is really something special. I never came across a better working paring chisel. The main quality of the tool is it's more than stunning control. It meets the perfect balance between sturdieness and flexibility. When there is a finicky job, where the absolute precision is asked, the Wilco paring chisel is my go to one for sure. Thank you very much , Wilco, you make great chisels!

Klaus

Klaus Kretschmar":1u108pdj said:
Having now long time experience with the paring chisel, I just have to make a compliment to Wilco. The tool is really something special. I never came across a better working paring chisel. The main quality of the tool is it's more than stunning control. It meets the perfect balance between sturdieness and flexibility. When there is a finicky job, where the absolute precision is asked, the Wilco paring chisel is my go to one for sure. Thank you very much , Wilco, you make great chisels!

Klaus

marcros":1u108pdj said:
i use mine regularly and agree with Klaus' comments.

Klaus, marcos,

I must have missed your comments since I have discovered it just now ;-)

Anyway, many thanks for the comments both of you made! It's really an honour to receive this kind of compliments.

Below a few examples of my latest paring chisels, made out of several kinds of wood like African Blackwood and Purple Heart wood.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Ebony.jpg
    Ebony.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,198

Latest posts

Back