Palm Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the trouble is, if you have a few of them (from any of the big suppliers) then you get used to stacking them and having all your tools use the same system is great.

I've got Festool systainers and I recently bought a Dewalt drill and impact. Nothing wrong with the Dewalt case but I've put them in a systainer so that I can use them with my other kit. I also find it useful that you can use two stacks a then you can use them as a work bench. Oh and the labelling system is great so you know what's in them. If you have Festool tools in them then they have a nice pic on the underside of the kid that shows you how to repack the contents. That's been useful with a couple of tools where there are lots of accessories. Although when you use them enough you soon get to know how to repack them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so a further update and i am afraid it is not a good one.... after tackling circa 20 meters of architrave the sander suddenly lost power and became erratic before packing up altogether.

Now i am not going to start a Bosch rant as i have other Bosch blue tools that have served me well and given this sander was recommended on this thread by another member it seem seems its been reliable for others so maybe i just have a bad one but it does dent my confidence as its died in such a short space of time.

Am speaking to the retailer to see what can be done but i know that thhe don't have any more in stock and Bosch UK don't have any until the new year.... As i was supposed to be getting the architrave and doors on upstairs before xmas this is an utter pain! May be forced to ask for a refund and buy another brand of sander, maybe something in green and dark blue....

Petey83

My B&D mouse seems to be indestructible just keeps going on and on, at the price its fantastic: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7112221? ... Gwod44MJsQ not the most wonderful tool in the world, but I found mine in the barn when we bought the house so it owes me nothing, lots of different grades of paper available and the front corner gets into all sorts of place's others can't.

Mike

further update - Festool RTS400 EQ arrived today and the Bosch was duly collected by the dealers courier. First impressions are the Festool is a better sander (and so it should be at double the price!) with less felt vibration, better duct collection (but only marginally) and better ergonomics. Motor feels like it runs a lot smoother and i expect this to get better as it "breaks in".

The annoying part of the sander is it clearly has the same motor body as the DTS (delta head version) yet rather than take the multi base version that Bosch have taken they seem to be insistent on wanting an extra £250 of your money to but it as a compleatly second sander.

Petey83":5m3h5qsu said:
further update - Festool RTS400 EQ arrived today and the Bosch was duly collected by the dealers courier. First impressions are the Festool is a better sander (and so it should be at double the price!) with less felt vibration, better duct collection (but only marginally) and better ergonomics. Motor feels like it runs a lot smoother and i expect this to get better as it "breaks in".

The annoying part of the sander is it clearly has the same motor body as the DTS (delta head version) yet rather than take the multi base version that Bosch have taken they seem to be insistent on wanting an extra £250 of your money to but it as a compleatly second sander.

Yep a great little sander, I have one too.
And I totally agree with you about the delta head, it's clearly viable to do.

Petey83":1yacq610 said:
...The annoying part of the sander is it clearly has the same motor body as the DTS (delta head version) yet rather than take the multi base version that Bosch have taken they seem to be insistent on wanting an extra £250 of your money to but it as a compleatly second sander.
Only just seen this - sorry to hear of your woes with the Bosch; mine's been fine. Agree about the approach taken by Festool (and yes, I still prefer my RTS 400) re the pads; on the older sanders (DT / RT 400) the pads were interchangeable (albeit a screwdriver job) so it was a conscious decision on Festool's part to stop doing so.

Cheers, Pete

Latest posts

Back