paint finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highwood122

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
i have some kitchen cabinets with a white painted finish and the grain shows through the paint ,does any one know how this is done please as i would like to achieve the same

If it's the texture of the grain you can see it's probably because the cabinets are made out of something with a deep coarse grain like Ash.

If you just spray a bit of water on redwood it will raise the grain, or it generally happens with the first coat of acrylic primer you put on anyway.

These are melamine or vinyl with a matt paintable finish which is then sprayed. The wood grain is embossed into the plastic. It was a popular finish maybe 2005 on using Ash veneer and solid for the doors.

These are melamine or vinyl with a matt paintable finish which is then sprayed. The wood grain is embossed into the plastic. It was a popular finish maybe 2005 on using Ash veneer and solid for the doors.
I was thinking in these terms, too. Either a finish like that or a water-based finished that was sanded but I don't see such finishes being applied on mass produced furniture as they're time consuming.

Latest posts

Back