P3 Dust Filters.....How long do they last?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick81

Established Member
Reaction score
For sawdust and MDF purposes. Just got myself a dust mask....but how long do the P3 filters last? When should I change them?

Please explain. Thank you.

It depends exactly wbat type of mask you have. If it's one of the folding disposable types then they are single use only and should be binned at the end of the day.
The rubber type masks with replacable cartridges I'm not too sure on, I think it will depend on the actual cartridge and you'd probably be best off checking the manufacturers guidelines

Cheers James :)

When they fail it will be due to clogging and they won't let dust in; so all you have to do is make a note of when you start a new one and again note the date when you can't breathe easily. Use the next one for a slightly shorter time. Simples!

Depending on the reusable facemask I'd suggest where a pre-filter is fitted to change this frequently to extend the main P3 filter life.
As Tim Burr says check with the manufacturer on maximum use times.

My personal view is that paper masks are for one off jobs. If you think you have a dust problem then fit extraction before reaching for a face mask.

Hope this helps

Back