Only 4 quid from the tip and charity shop.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I'm green with envy, I wish I had just one charity shop like that near me but there are loads and none do tools.

ED65":20osr72r said:
Nice! I'm green with envy, I wish I had just one charity shop like that near me but there are loads and none do tools.
It certainly makes it seem worthwhile when you get days like today. Sometimes you can do a 30mile round trip and have nowt to show for it so this is a good day.
I popped back as I was kicking myself that I didn't buy a pipe bender they had. I thought it had a part missing, by the time I went back it'd gone. There did appear to be a few new items out though
97bcc0325bddc83973142e9699f375ab.jpg

I picked this lot up for £8.50 (not the chisel) it seems tools are all 50p each which makes it even more annoying that I missed the pipe bender. The spokeshave blade was a gamble, but luckily its the right one for a spokeshave.....I've never used :lol:
The dog steps were a fiver and the water resistent speaker £1.50. My neighbours dog is 16 years old and a bit wobbly on his legs so I'm hoping she might be able to put these to good use.
The tip had these pipe fittings for sale for £15
f04ab8f56d679c707e6cc4e4b933a717.jpg

fc1bc1e5d3e7b75ccd55a3c0a8b798d7.jpg

3 of the male parts but annoyingly only 1 female part. I thought they looked cool, just need to find a use for them. The only other issue was what they were attached to
2bb8cfe521aebcb46c6feb967b3c4c84.jpg

I was racking my brains trying to think of a use only to realise when I got back that it's the right size for extractor piping. It's pretty flexible despite its thickness
718de51b42eabaae8c1776232ae2b8b6.jpg

I think the wall thickness is just over 1/4 inch so should last a few years ! Took two trips to get it all in my car, I'm hoping it was worth the effort cause the stitches in my thumb are throbbing.
I have a slight issue of where the heck I can store all of it !! :D

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":27yv5wlb said:
Yesterday and today's wombling
9018406eab9d87ed62e1fba1228d44d0.jpg

The screwdriver could do with straightening

I have that exact same screwdriver - inherited from my dad and used for big dirty work.

Small world :)

Does yours have any makers marks on it ? This one's a little rusty and u can't see any.
I see quite alot of these yellow transparent screwdrivers on my travels. I think they've got a certain charm for some reason. Perhaps they were common place many moons ago ?
This may be my new cap iron removal screwdriver, depending how it turns out.

Coley

Coley, I've only ever seen those pipe fitting on slurry tankers. More precisely, the ones used to empty septic tanks. Bleugh. :-(

I've got a couple of those yellow-handled screwdrivers, inherited from my dad - can't find a name on them.

Didn't do too badly today myself - junk stall in Brecon market - Metabo double pinion eggbeater and one of those red handled Berg 'shark' chisels that got a good writeup on Alf's site- 10 bob each :)

NazNomad":2epanad5 said:
Coley, I've only ever seen those pipe fitting on slurry tankers. More precisely, the ones used to empty septic tanks. Bleugh. :-(
When they lock in place they certainly form a tight seal. After a little digging it looks like they are called 'Bauer couplings'
Bigstinka, I'm still not 100% sure what these were used for. The inside looked spotless but the outside was covered in a white flour consistency powder. It washed off easily, the same can't be said for the inside of my car- it's an absolute mess !! :)

Coley

Blockplane":381p6das said:
I've got a couple of those yellow-handled screwdrivers, inherited from my dad - can't find a name on them.

Didn't do too badly today myself - junk stall in Brecon market - Metabo double pinion eggbeater and one of those red handled Berg 'shark' chisels that got a good writeup on Alf's site- 10 bob each :)
Sounds like you've got the tool hunting bug aswell ! Welcome to the forum btw ;)

Coley

Back