Oh Herr Aldi, you are spoiling us!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
More Aldiness, this time on sale from 28th Feb.

Powercraft bench grinder with sanding belt ('keeps tools razor sharp') - £19.99
Set of plastic drawers, always useful for losing small items - £7.99
42 piece screwdriver and bit set (might solve Tom's problem) - probably made of cheese - £5.99
Multi-Purpose Drill Bit Set - includes a flexible drive - £19.99 (dang, that mst be good...)
Bit Sets - choose from: spade bits; HSS drill bits; Brad point bits; Masonry Bits; Screwdriver bits; or 'Driver bits' - £3.99 a set.
Plastic organiser boxes ('professional') - £5.99
20 pig's ears - £8.99 and a cat bed that hangs from a radiator for just £5.99, a small price for a contented pussy cat.

And the Decadence Bouquet (£35) is back on March 5th. Just in time for Mother's Day?

I'm worried that I'm getting to enjoy this...

You can buy some new ones

Picture8.png

but these may not be what you had in mind...

To be honest, in our local Lidl pyjamas would be an improvement...

That hoist is 2/3 the price of the cheapest 550w motor I could find on Ebay and you get a free reduction gearbox so what tool that I don't need could I invent to use the bits?

Would that hoist lift the turned box shown on blister's recent post (which lathe?).

Seriously do fancy the cheap grinder with belt for sharpening my chisels.

Graham

lol, beware the Lidl/Aldi bargains! Just opened my dad's "HUGE Chest of Wonders" in the garage. In there was a set of Lidl SDS drill bits. We don't and never have had an SDS drill. "But they were cheap" was the answer :D

chingerspy":1wx7r4qx said:
lol, beware the Lidl/Aldi bargains! Just opened my dad's "HUGE Chest of Wonders" in the garage. In there was a set of Lidl SDS drill bits. We don't and never have had an SDS drill. "But they were cheap" was the answer :D

Fine man, won't hear a word against him!

chipchaser":htus73n8 said:
That hoist is 2/3 the price of the cheapest 550w motor I could find on Ebay and you get a free reduction gearbox so what tool that I don't need could I invent to use the bits?

Would that hoist lift the turned box shown on blister's recent post (which lathe?).

Seriously do fancy the cheap grinder with belt for sharpening my chisels.

Graham

Would anyone care to estimate the 'rolling load' capacity of this hoist? The stated 250Kg vertical SWL must translate to much more when applied horizontally (rolling) or is overcoming inertia the main problem with a rolling load? I'm interested as I see this as a cheap method of re-positioning the wife's horsebox (920Kg) on our steep and narrow driveway or am I pushing my luck?

Thanks,
C

I went to buy the electric hoist and its sold out at both of my local Aldi branches.

What I did notice on the bigger picture on the poster in the shop is that the hoist doesn't have a clamp to attach to the flange of a lifting beam, it just has a couple of flat brackets that would need 2 holes drilling.

Ed

Back