Oak planks.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidson

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get thin oak planed planks from approximately 6-8 mm thick by 150 min and at least 2400mm long?

at those sizes specifically 6-8mm try veneered mdf or ply. getting stuff that thin is very wasteful.
Hi Johnny. Veneered is not an option. I need the planks to cover newel posts on the mitre. Veneer would damage to easily.

From stock it will be difficult. Anywhere with a machining capacity would be able to do it, even possibly a local joinery shop.

British hardwoods is always worth a look for Oak and machined oak. They are in/near Keighley, so at least northern if not that near you. They do supply thin material, but as I say probably not that long from stock.

Hi Johnny. Veneered is not an option. I need the planks to cover newel posts on the mitre. Veneer would damage to easily.
I've got a suggestion on how to do this but it depends on whether it's a one off or a production run.
Brian

you could maybe give Clive Walker a try in Leeds - Ive had good service from them. They can machine to dimensions for you

Back