NVR switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All. does anyone know of a bricks and mortar shop that sells NVR switches please. Just decided to have a play with my lathe and the switch won't latch on. It's full of sawdust on inspection.

Axminster and the usual suspects sell them. I'd be reluctant to buy such a critical piece of safety equipment from an unknown supplier - there's a lot of cheap ones on the web that I definitely wouldn't touch...

I had a problem with the one on my table saw not that long ago.
I cleaned it out and applied a liberal application of either wd40 or wd40 electrical contact lubricant. I can't remember which, but it's going well since.

The NVR switch on my Axminster bandsaw started playing up a couple of years ago and then finally wouldn't stay latched when released.
I ordered a replacement and upon removal of the original, found it was full of sawdust.

I cleaned it all up and cleaned the relay terminals and thought I'd try it before fitting the replacement......It worked fine and has been working fine ever since. I've still got the replacement brand new in its box.....

I had a similar problem with my DW impact driver, I pulled it apart, cleaned up the switch with contact cleaner, & reassembled it, it's been going fine ever since. This was about 3 yrs ago. A new switch here was almost the cost of a new unit, but I bought one from the US (just in case) for about the 1/3 of that price, all in. Still got it waiting to be used!

"blowing out the dust" is to me the wrong thing yu can do in my mind.

All it does is drive the dust deeper onto the contacts, where the arc/harden and become "carbon resistors.

To me, life expectancy of switches is better extended by vacuuming them.

but sooner or later they all fail, if not from dust infiltration, but also failure of internal aspects. Hopefully later

Eric

Back