New Woodwright series online

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks BB,
I've been waiting for this season. I've just watch ep 2807 on boring, not very boring I say!!! :lol: :oops: make sure you get to the bit about square hole, very intresting

I seen that, on one of the blogs over the last couple of days. Watched the first one with the governor. Very entertaining.
Neil

Thanks Byron. Interesting character! His hands look like they've seen some work unlike the manicured digits of some presenters!
Cheers,
Jim :)

Another thanks, BB. Nice to see they've switched to Flash video - video quality and streaming seems to be excellent now. The old RealPlayer stuff was unwatchable.

Hi, Pete W

Unwatchable but recordable :wink:
Hopefully they will bring it out on DVD I know they have been asked loads of times.

Pete

Thanks for this BB - never seen this series.
Worked my way through the wheelbarrow one - very interesting!
Does he not use glue - or is that just in that episode (2006 season)?
Cheers
Gidon

Racers":1i2ll9nf said:
Hopefully they will bring it out on DVD I know they have been asked loads of times.

I know Steve M was explaining the harsh economics of woodworking DVDs the other day, but since Roy has a wealth of material ready to go you'd think there's a real opportunity there. We live in hope... :)

Had the pleasure to meet Sir Roy in person last year - a REAL character!
Very knowledgable - not your usual tv presenter :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

Hi, Philly

Its St Roy, you should know that, you are a galoot now.

I have met Rev Ron but not St Roy.

Pete

Racers":33v4062v said:
Hi, Philly

Its St Roy, you should know that, you are a galoot now.

I have met Rev Ron but not St Roy.

Pete

On this scale I assume the correct address should be Novice Norm?? :lol: :lol:

Bob

Hi, 9fingers

The Galoots on the Old Tools List don't use the N word :wink:

Pete

Thanks for the tip BB - I have really enjoyed watching these. I think he gets the blend just right between familiar things that it's nice to see 'live' instead of just in diagrams and some that I for one had never heard of - the split fans and the 900 year old Viking tool chest.

Andy

fantastic stuff, thanks for pointing me in his direction. I have just finished watching his philosophical/thoreau/zen episode....great mix of enthusiasm, hand tools, thoughtfulness and practicality.

I thought of him today as I tried to rip saw a log on a bandsaw. The blade broke leaving me to finish it by hand, which didn't take that long and was far more enjoyable.....

Latest posts

Back