new toy - sealey drill press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good buy, Pete. I wouldn't bother putting that guard on though - they really are more hassle than they're worth!! :D

Ye same thing had it years...maybe yours weighs more because of the lead in the red paint?

Got it through work when I was an engineer, there was quite a few of us decided to buy one so the price came down.. :lol:
Used to get stuff dirt cheap £60 Bahco socket sets for £25 etc ,, those were the good old days...

would not":3j62bz62 said:
Ye same thing had it years...maybe yours weighs more because of the lead in the red paint?

Got it through work when I was an engineer, there was quite a few of us decided to buy one so the price came down.. :lol:
Used to get stuff dirt cheap £60 Bahco socket sets for £25 etc ,, those were the good old days...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha nice one. Sorry BSM but the lead paint tickled me :wink:

Cheers

Mike

would not":btpk0lnz said:

So like you painted them red, muckied them up a bit, and then knocked em out on eBay eh?

Sorry BSM. It had to be said. :D

What model is it Moose?

It looks like mine...mine that I am still trying to find a blinking motor for...I want to get it back up and running because the little one is a right PITA!

Jim

well I'm pleased you're happy with it but personally I'd pay £10 tops for that

Aidan

big soft moose":fdux2k8p said:
would not":fdux2k8p said:
I got mine brand new exactly the same thing but in blue £36. :?

umm - exactly the same thing ??? ( I think not - this isnt the light weight, hobby use one with the 330w motor, its the industrial model (with 550W) and weighs a flipping tonne)

I know its April 1st but industrial model :D :D

Its a Sealey!!!!

ive deleted my posts - if you guys (not OPJ and Jimi) havent got anything better to do than harsh someonelses buzz them i'm sorry for you - I'm happy with my buy and thats what matters to me.

BSM, sorry mate I really did not mean to offend you. The lead paint joke just tickled me, and there was no way that I was laughing at you or your purchase.

Cheers

Mike

I have a similar one also red, also very heavy but only 370w. Its a model GDM100A/12/B with an MT2 spindle and 5/8" chuck. It does have a little play in the quill, I can feel it but have never bothered to measure it after all it's only for woodwork.

The annoying things about it are: the stop start buttons are on the left but the quill feed wheel is on the right; the belt drive can be noisy sometimes, don't know why, perhaps it has moods; the pressed metal belt case is poorly made so it doesn't catch shut properly.

The good things are: it drills holes accurately enough for me; it has enough power; it was a free gift.

Graham

Was it the same as newtool model? I had a red one well i still do but don't use it any more as the quill has to much play in it. I bought a medding and mounted it on the work bench and used the motor from the newtool to change it from three phase to single phase.

I'd only stick to the known industrial brands now after that experience. I looked a long time to find a good deal on one. I still have three left as it came on with a bank of drills. Got the whole lot for £300.

Have yet to make some wall mounted frames for the rest of them to sell. One of them is a lovely Meddings M2.

Best bit of dummy spitting i've seen since Mike G left........

yep you guys are right -in mitigation i can only say that ive had pipper all sleep in the last three days and ive driven about a thousand miles , relying on cafeine to keep me from going to sleep at the wheel - the combination has left my fuse a bit shorter than it normally is.

anyway i apologise for going off on one

from what you guys are saying its appears that ive been somewhat misled in that i was told by the seller that sealey were a good make - comparable to meddings etc... and what do i know ive not encountered them before so i believed him.

no one likes to be taken for or made to look a silly billy but, now ive calmed down, i'm big enough to hold my hand up to making the error so that no one else makes it too.

That said it does seem to be an okay bit of kit and its pretty substantial with a 550w motor and no play in the quill - certainly nowhere near as bad quality as the uber cheap offerings you see in B&Q etc - and i'm fairly content that it will do what i need and while its not the bargain i was led to believe it does seem to be a reasonable buy for 50 notes when you consider the drills you get arround that price point.

now where did that dummy go.......... :lol:

hi there

Glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase, despite the bit of ribbing from the forum.

Today,I had a go with the bandsaw you sold me - blow me....I'm pleased with it. A bit basic but as a first bandsaw its exactly what I wanted.

Ease off the driving and the caffeine -as someone who got woken up by the rumble strip as I crossed over a carriageway....take my advice.

Back