new photo host test

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m using my phone not a pc so that option doesn’t appear for me (unless I’ve missed it somehow).

Get the Tapatalk App - not only can you use it to read, post etc on the forum but you can post photos from your phone directly to it.
It’s really easy.

Rod

Yes Bob, that works. I get an offer to download the imgur app, another to open photos in the app, but ignoring those I then see an album of your boxes. As
I scroll down I also get an advert (for a bag of plastic money) then a selection, presumably random, of other people's photos and videos.

Thanks Andy. I was not aware of the adverts.
Cant do much about that but normally I would only post one pic at a time.

Not perfect, but at least its free.

Viewing on a mobile I think the quality is first class- the picture quality and the boxes !!!
c509403b9a30eadb7427efc2d22e8907.jpg

2a3ccce049ecf81aa25536efd5af5991.jpg

An initial pop up that goes away when clicked away.
Good job all round I reckon ;)
Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Memzey, i just started with "public". So far i have no intentions of making anything private. i only use online pics that can be shared.
So i have no advice to give.

Coley, thank you sir. The actual taking of the pics needs some serious work though.

Cheers Bob. I just opened an account to post pictures on this forum and some random person from God knows where commented on it! I put up pictures of my bowed boards (as discussed on another thread below this one) and matey let the interwebs know that my post had "bored" him :) Quite funny really.

I know I have said this before, but getting your own webspace where you can host your own pictures and remain in complete control is really not very difficult or expensive.

I hadnt considered that aspect. Did you reply that you liked the pun?
If that becomes a problem I expect some kind computer literate person will show me how to close it. Photobucket was an ideal, shame its beyond my pension now.

My brother had thousands of pics on Pbase, and he enjoyed the comments and actually made some good pen friends from it. But they also put their prices up and reduced their service, so he has gone to flickr. he now moans that he cant get responses.
takes all sorts, dont it?

Andy, i know I have said this before, but there are cavemen out there who can do more with a computer than I can.
For my measly few pics, this is fine, and its free.

I didn't reply to him but it did make me smile. Agree with you on Photobucket - it was the only photo sharing facility I had used and it worked really well for my needs (which are similar to yours). I'll give Imgur a go until something better comes along.

Andy - I do almost all of my browsing and photo taking on my phone so for me the appeal of these solutions, as opposed a self hosted site, is that they come with an app. If I had to use a laptop to upload and share images I'd never post a picture again. I work in technology and use my laptop every day. I and don't want to see one in my workshop which is my sanctuary from all modern tech.

wont have apple. Dont really want a smart phone, but hey, I'm not a total luddite.

I've been in the same boat as everyone else regarding the problems with photobucket. Luckily I've had a flickr account and now use that for embedding photos on forums.

iPhones are cool but there not a patch on a cold Efes next to the pool :)

PS - You were saying I was old fashioned for preferring Imperial to metric!

Back