New backsaw in progress

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it before changes. I love it now. I've been following the skeleton saw passaround wishing I had the money to buy a saw like that, but really I wish I had the skills and time to make a saw like yours.
Keep up the good work. Paddy

Thanks Rod. It is difficult to please everyone's taste, but from a makers perspective I am quite happy with the new look.

regards Stewie;

I liked it before and like it even more now, well done Stewie.

I've got a 14" R.Sorby that has a tapered brass back 25mm at the handle and 20mm at the end.

Mr_P":34ebd9xu said:
I liked it before and like it even more now, well done Stewie.

I've got a 14" R.Sorby that has a tapered brass back 25mm at the handle and 20mm at the end.

Thanks Mr P. The Sorby backsaw sounds interesting. Do you have a photo you can post.

Stewie;

Here it is, I only bought it because it had a friend with a very big nose :D

robert 01.JPG

Attachments

• robert 01.JPG
    robert 01.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 925
swagman":tlsp3j0e said:
Very nice Mr P. The 2 circular discs attached to the brass hardback. I assume there original to the saw.

Stewie;

I think you might be using a very small screen, Stewie.
From here they look like two identical pennies, placed there to show the variation in the breadth of the back. :)

swagman":9voaztmq said:
Here are the completed photo's of the backsaw.

regards Stewie;

I am known to be a little too enthusiastic when sawing a long cut with a tenon saw.
You have a great shape on the top of the back at the toe, with a sharp angle underneath, this is the point I would like to see rounded, to prevent digging in, should I get the cutting angle too steep.

Bod

All work has now been completed on this backsaw.

I have included a photo showing the results of the kerf test on hardwood.

Thank you for your interest.

regards Stewie;

Back