Need Replacement Motor for a Soteco Dakota 429 Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlow52

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought a 110 v version of the above at an auction and one of the motors is burned out

It is shown here as the 429 M -423 M

http://www.soteco.com/data/att/catalogo/settori/att_47200817399.pdf

The motor has the following annotations
Made in Italy 06-07
2513S
SBDS10382

As it was a rental machine I will replace both

Any pointers would be much appreciated
Thanks
ps: a link to a manual would be also welcome :D

Most vac manufacturers use off the peg motors from companies like Ametek lamb.Measure yours - turbine height and diameter,overall height and wattage and compare specs. Numatic dealers often sell motors and a few Ebay shops.Ex rental vacs can be thrashed so it might want filters etc as well
If its's beyond economic repair then the drums make good interceptor/preseperators
Matt

Thanks Matt for suggestions

I cleaned the drum up real well and SWMBO put a cloth around it and it made a grand mobile beer/softdrinks cooler, complete with drain, for the NY party :D

Opened up the place where the power cable joins to vacuum cleaner and the yellow thingy shown in the image has one connection broken.
Any thoughts on what it does?
IMG_Tenta.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_Tenta.jpg
    IMG_Tenta.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 31
It is a metalised polyester Radio frequency noise suppression capacitor with a shunt discharge safety resistor.
It is just what it says on the package.
Make sure you replace it with one that uses grade X2 dielectric and has the same or better voltage ratings.

New one might be marked 220nF rather than 0.22uF but will be the same.
Somewhere that repairs domestic appliances will probably have one.
My supplier only does them in packs of 5 and without the resistor but that is easy to add

Bob

Back