Need help to identify a hinge.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaardal

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I remember seeing these somewhere, but for the life of me I can't seem to find them when I look for them online. The closest I come to are various window hinges, which are not quite right.

They're very simple - two pieces of steel, one long and one short, with one end of the short piece hinged to (roughly) the middle of the long one.

I took a window hinge and (badly) cropped out the extra bits to show what I'm talking about. Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm on a merciless deadline and really don't want to have to make something up myself.

hinge.jpg

Attachments

• hinge.jpg
    hinge.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 86
That's close, but not quite right - the hinge that I'm remembering/looking for was two flat metal bars, rather then a square tube and a flat bar.

I can't even remember what they were used for. I need them as a height adjuster for the mattress platform on a crib I'm making. Maybe they were very old window hinges or something, since that's kinda what I can find on a google search.

I mean, I can make them... some 2mm bar stock, a drill, and some rivets would do it. But time is so tight that the 3-4 hours it would take me to run around and get the materials, cut and debur the metal, put in the holes and then rivet the pieces together is time I just can't afford. That's assuming that I can get what I need at this time of year...

I was thinking of a 'flap stay hinge' but I don't think I'm right.

Back