My new purchase - not woodworking related.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ghengis":izu6n0yy said:
I have the Sprint 1050, love the engine sound and the torque

I had one too. Lovely to ride. Shame it was let down by water poor build quality and an engine that drank over a litre of oil every 1500 miles or so (something Triumph tried to insist was completely normal - come on, I'm no regular customer, I know a thing or two about engines here....)

A friend of mine had a Triumph Daytona and had nothing but problems with it. When it came to repairs the parts were very expensive not to mention a pain in the ar*e to work on, he got rid of it in the end and bought a BMW.

mailee":nukrwdhu said:
A friend of mine had a Triumph Daytona and had nothing but problems with it. When it came to repairs the parts were very expensive not to mention a pain in the ar*e to work on, he got rid of it in the end and bought a BMW.

A BMW? God help him if he ever needs a new clutch or shaft then...... If he thought Trumpet parts were expensive he'll be in for the shock of his life. Clutch change on an RT1100S for example is around £1300 and a shaft rebuild another £2k.

mailee":189uhmah said:

I had a BMW for about 4 years, sold it and bought an Enfield... so much nicer to ride. Been all over Europe with it.

Way back in the sixties I rode Triumphs. Last year my Brother in Australia sent me a photo with the comment " This bike looks a bit like your old bike if I remember correctly"

I replied

Yes it is a Triumph 500 like mine

yes it is a red speed twin like mine

in fact it even has the same registration number as mine ?

it is my bike not just like it !!!!!!!

I had thought that it had gone into the scrap yard in the sky long ago...

attempt at posting a link https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2364_n.jpg

no idea if it will work.

that is a very nice bike

I would join in with the bike talk, but you all have far nicer bikes than me so I will refrain from joining in until I upgrade to a better one :p

Back