My little work space

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalletPaul

Reaction score
Started with just a table to work on but my tool collection soon grew and now my work space looks like this.

wgyd4w.jpg

From Aldi will do nicely for rounding off edges and doing dovetails.

i5ydjc.jpg

Was looking at getting a table saw after Xmas, just a Clarke 10" for about £180, but on holiday two weeks ago a surprise email from eBay showed one nearby for pennies.

Happily I won it for £63 including spare blades, works great so very happy.

102nsrl.jpg

Table showing its age now so already started to make a 10' X 7' clearing for a more suitable work area with roof... Just got to learn how to build one now.

I started with a B&D workbench and B&D router working like yourself, in the back yard so I know what it's like to 'rough it'

Google shed plans and all the help you need is available and free. WIP pics would be nice too. Good luck with the build.

Baldhead

I guess when you've finished work for the day you just put it all away inside / in the shed? And then run extension cables out for the power?

Is the router the 1/4" one from Aldi they were selling for £25 a while back? How do you find it? Any good?

When finished for the day everything is left where it is but gets wrapped up.

I run a twin extension out for me power swapping plugs as I go.

New workshop will be in corner of garden and hopefully have a much better power set up.

The router table is from Aldi but the router isn't.

The table is fine for the few things I will use it for but even so there are a few niggles a more regular user would find frustrating...

a) the fence is hollowed out so when moving it doesn't glide smoothly but catches the ridges of the table making it a little annoying when trying to set a distance from cutting bit.

b) the plastic guard just gets in the way so much so I took it off.

c) changing the cutting bit is not something I look forward too as its somewhat tricky.

d) adjusting the depth of cutting bit is far from ideal, I have to use my eye and judge the hieght needed while at the same time using one hand to lift router and the other to lock it in place.

Baldhead":y0r6szui said:
I started with a B&D workbench and B&D router working like yourself, in the back yard so I know what it's like to 'rough it'

Google shed plans and all the help you need is available and free. WIP pics would be nice too. Good luck with the build.

Baldhead

I've had a look and the plans have helped with construction side of things

But I'm not looking for an enclosed shed as I will be limited in certain ways, I'm thinking more of a rectangle frame open on two sides from waist upwards which give me more space to handle big pieces of wood by also more light.

As for the roof I'm making that a two tier so the space between will act as storage.

Back