My Incra mitre gauge is not so precise!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lastminute":39lo7j62 said:
Rutlands refuse to refund because the item has been used...I suppose I should have seen with my naked eye the discrepancy straight out of the box!!!
...perhaps I should have gone to spe*savers!!
They cannot refuse to refund/replace under the sale of goods act - fit for purpose.

How can you see something like that until it has been fitted to the saw?

To Lastminute.

I emailed incra in Texas, usa. and got the following reply.

Quote.

Hello, Mr. ......

The owner's manual for the Miter 1000 has a tip box at the bottom left of page 2 titled "Squaring the Fence to your Table Saw Top". Please refer to this tip for shimming information. If this does not solve the problem, please let me know and I will send a replacement bracket if you will provide your address.

Kind regards~

Linda
Incra Tools

Do you have the manual, lastminute?

Hi dw, Incra have replied to my email...and fast!!...here is the reply.

Hello, Mr. Stebbings~

From your attached photos, I believe the problem is with the fence mounting bracket. If you will provide your address, I will send you a replacement bracket.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience.

Best regards~

Linda
Incra Tools

dw, I only got a triple folded instruction leaflet with the v27, and can't see anything that mentions 'shimming'.

Looking forward to the replacement...will report!

Gerry (..hopefully happier!)

Grayorm":129fe2fg said:
=D> =D> Good result from a proper company. Pity Rutlands couldn't be bothered. :roll: :roll:

+1

If the contact with rutlands was done via email? I would be tempted to forward it to incra to show them how one of their retailers treats their ( incra) customers ;)

Unfortunately as has been evidenced by many previous threads, Rutlands unlike Axminster do not see to monitor this and like forums (fora? Latin is not my strong suit). It is responses like theirs that make me furious and if it where me having said what I did previously about shimming, I would now want to make a point of forcing he retailer to take it back as a point of principal. UK consumer law is quite clear, your contract is with the retailer and if the goods are faulty, un-merchantable or un-fit for purpose that are obliged to take them back and return your money irrespective of whether they have been used or not, this is a legal right not a favour to be given at the sellers option. I can feel my Tourette's coming on again!!

Interesting thread this....imagaine the damage this one thread is doing to Rutlands reputation....a salutory lesson in the need to provide simple, honest and decent customer service instead of fretting about the bottom line.

The irony is that its the bottom line that will get hammered as people stop ordering their goods.

Richard S is spot on with the consumer legality by the way.....Rutlands dont have any legal "choice" about whether or not you're entitled to a replacement.....their support agent will probably have some arbitrary measure of performance set by some mindless middle manager that discourages returns....I would bundle your comms with Incra into a latter addressed to their MD and calmly inform them they have 48 hours to respond with their action plan before you call the consumer watchdog....then he can respond later....on the Telly :)

Back