My first box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I asked for suggestions about what I could make the MIL for Christmas (she is more like a mother to me than the dreaded MIL) so I didn't make the 'electric chair' as one member posted, I did however like the idea of a music box, so here are my efforts, as she is 98 on Good Friday SWMBO thought it might be a good idea to give her it for her birthday instead of Christmas.

Baldhead

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 1,052
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,052
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1,051
perfect mitres. well done!

What is it lined with? In my opinion, that lets it down a little and a nice piece of something would really set it off much better. I can probably find you an offcut piece of pigskin in my cupboard if you would like it- i cant remember the colours that I have though- i did buy it with jewelry boxes in mind, so it should be "female friendly" colours. If you would like it, let me know the size that you need and i will check that what I have is big enough.

Nice job, thanks for sharing my only criticism would be the material its made of is a little on the heavy side for my liking..but I bet she will be thrilled to receive such a nice box.

Steve

That's guys, the lining is gold satin, the wife's choice not mine, I agree the wood is a bit to thick, I have no excuse for that, by the way it's American White Oak (I think) and the tune is, You Are My Sunshine, bought the movement especially for her.

Baldhead

In that case it may have a nice sheen that the picture doesn't quite pick up.

Back