Multistar chuck body wanted.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Multistar Duplex chuck, body & 'C' spanners only, which they would be prepared to swap for a brand new 'Dakota' 4" scroll chuck with standard dovetail jaws, a woodscrew chuck insert & a 24 hole indexed back plate. It is threaded for a 1"x8 tpi spindle nose. I bought the chuck from Rutlands a few weeks ago, then shortly afterwards,(which is always the way!) i was lucky enough to get hold of a SuperNova chuck & accessories from eBay at a really good price. It has not been used & still has the preserving oil on it. I only need the Duplex body & spanners, threaded 1" x 8 or 3/4" x 16 as I want to get the accessory holder for a special purpose job I do on the lathe.

Davyboy.

Davyboy

I may be able to help you. I'm pretty sure I have the 3/4 x 16 threaded body plus the accessory holder. Just need to check they are still in the workshop.

Mark

Sorry, I don't recognise is as the chuck I need, I should have said that it was the Multistar Duplex chuck, as the one in the photo could be the Multistar Titan. My fault, should be more specific!!

Blister":2fyoc606 said:
This any use to you ?

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/phot ... =multistar

would rather sell it than swap it as my chuck thread is m33x3.5 :wink:

Just had a look at that out of interest, and I think it could be the later type of Henry Taylor Masterchuck, judging from the jaws. They certainly look like the jaws on the early model one that I sold along with my Tyme lathe.

Ok Dick, but thanks for your time anyway, I appreciate it, the reason I wanted a Multistar is that it has one accessory that is particularly useful for my purpose. The accessory holder fits into the chuck body & gives good rear support for long items when not turning between centres. I had one when I lived abroad but left it behind when I returned to the UK.

Kind regards, & thanks again,

Dave Brown
Fareham
Hampshire.

dickm":1ssm16xl said:
Blister":1ssm16xl said:
This any use to you ?

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/phot ... =multistar

would rather sell it than swap it as my chuck thread is m33x3.5 :wink:

Just had a look at that out of interest, and I think it could be the later type of Henry Taylor Masterchuck, judging from the jaws. They certainly look like the jaws on the early model one that I sold along with my Tyme lathe.

Blister's chuck is definitely not a Titan, as the the Titan has a scroll ring & key for tightening.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't look like a Multistar Duplex chuck at all. I think it may be either another model or by a different manufacturer.

But thanks anyway.

Davyboy.

Back