Moulding heads?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
Most UK table saws don't seem to be able to take a dado stack, which is a shame. But what about a moulding head, would it fit?

Any other options?

No, not unless your saw is able to take a stack dado, the moulding heads are about 3/4" thick, approx the same as the dado stack so need an extended arbour.

Cutter blocks etc on the saw bench aren't too easy for say, long lengths of skirting, very unsteady and also difficult to
guard succesfully, remembering the riving knife and therefor, in most cases the top guard is not there,
But ok for shorter timber, and solid profile blocks, but as Richard S says if you have a 18mm spacer after you're flange washer, you could be in business.
The stack dado is a useful item to have and a little safer to use.
Also the last lot of cutters I saw were different handed in comparison to a spindle moulder.
Regards Rodders

Look up 'magic molder' on you tube. I have one of these and they are fantastic and reasonably safe compared to the steel varieties used in the u.s.a. The snag is the price.They are not cheap but when you see the amount of carbide on each cutter you will appreciate the quality. If anyone is interested I have spare cutterheads and cutters.

Latest posts

Back