motors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbycrich

Reaction score
hi all wondering if anybody can help. I went into my workshop on Friday to do some woodturning went to start lathe going there was a loud bang & electric tripped switched electric back on & tried again same thing happened so unplugged lathe put leccy back on had a look at lathe checked wires in plug nothing wrong there took panel off to where the motor sits low & behold dead mouse eaten through cable & copper coils seemed to have made a nest in the space under the motor I can replace the cable but copper coils not so easy to repair so looks like I will have to buy a new motor problem is I can`t seem to find anything that looks like the one that I have. the lathe is a Clarke 40inch. just wondering if you could help. only just got round to posting this as high winds decided to take some of the roof ridges of the garage/ workshop its taken the best part of the day to get that fixed so garage/ workshop is watertight. cheers

mikebeetle":mmza3mop said:
Try ringing machine mart. They can supply spares for most Clarke machines.

I should hope so, the company that owns Machine Mart also owns Clarke. Clarke is essentially a Machine Mart own brand :D

Latest posts

Back