Money Boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernienufc

Established Member
Reaction score
Its early days and i hope to get much better as time goes by, but managed to raise £120 for 6 of these for charity :lol:

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,605
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 1,605
Those are excellent.
I doff my hat to you sir. What a charitable thing to do.
When you say you hope to get better at them, what aspects do you want to improve?
Are the dogs scrollsawn?
Thanks for posting.
I for one look forward to hearing more about these if you have time.
All the best.
Adam.

Thanks for the compliments.
The dogs and the bowls and bones are done by scroll saw,the coin slot is too.

One thing i just learnt that has helped enormously was stack cutting, that made matching parts which made a big improvement.

I need to improve by learning how to use a router on the 'ash' plinth without scorching it. I need to learn about finishing using oils and waxes, but i think santa may be helping me on that one.

Take several thin cuts with your router, make the last cut with your very thin and make a few quick passes without stopping.

Andy

There is a 1/2" sq hardwood spar at ea end inside the kennel, i drilled a hole through them and through the plinth, i put a captive nut used from my model aircraft into the wood (as they have spikes that dig into the wood when tightened) and then recessed screws pass through the plinth into the kennel to hold it together. It has a felt base just to make it a bit safer for putting on furniture etc

HTH

Back