Metabo hc260 thicknesser bed height not adjusting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukeyr1

Reaction score
Hi

When I spin the handle to adjust the thicknesser bed height up or down it does not move.

One of the spirals twists, closest to the handle, does move slightly, adjusting the corner of the bed a cm or so, but the others don't move at all
PXL_20221202_154359211.jpg

Pic attached of the spiral that does move. I have cleaned it out since, but still no luck.

If anyone has any tips to fix, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanms

That’s happened to mine twice over quite a few years of use and abuse. You may well find that if you get your head underneath it looking up (uncomfortable) you can work out what is jammed and why. One time it was straightforward for me. The other time I had to do some dismantling.

Had something similar with my Elektra B
Got some help to turn the machine on its side and could then access the chain drive.
It had gunged up completely. Took about 2 hours to clean up and reset.
Have a look Here I did not complete the thread, but I did get the the machine up and running.
Somewhere on UKW is a thread that also dealt with this.

Ok, found some pics.
The motor also had to be removed. It is quite heavy.:oops:
The small sprocket had jammed :mad:

WP_20201231_001.jpg
WP_20201231_002.jpg
WP_20201231_003.jpg
WP_20201231_004.jpg
WP_20201231_005.jpg
WP_20201231_006.jpg
WP_20210101_003.jpg
WP_20210101_004.jpg
WP_20210101_005.jpg

That’s happened to mine twice over quite a few years of use and abuse. You may well find that if you get your head underneath it looking up (uncomfortable) you can work out what is jammed and why. One time it was straightforward for me. The other time I had to do some dismantling.
Thank you

Similar arrangement to a Kity 636 - 4 post sprockets and a tensioner sprocket. All best accessed by tipping the machine up on one end.

Could be a good opportunity to check the sychronisation of the posts in terms of thicknesser bed setting - parallel to cutterblock transversely, and parallel to the frame of the machine lengthways.

I've flipped it over and can see nothing jamming the chain. But it looks like the sprog that turns with the handle doesn't connect with the sprog that spins the chain.

There could potentially be a pin that's come away, but unsure as unable to find any pictures of what it looked like before.

Pin on over 3 sprogs

Video of handle turning

Attachments

• XiaoYing_Video_1670249919516.mp4
    4 MB
I've flipped it over and can see nothing jamming the chain. But it looks like the sprog that turns with the handle doesn't connect with the sprog that spins the chain.

There could potentially be a pin that's come away, but unsure as unable to find any pictures of what it looked like before.

Pin on the other 3 sprogs, that's possibly missing.
PXL_20221205_143228998.jpg

Video of handle turning sprogs
View attachment 148584

Pin on the other 3 sprogs, that's possibly missing.
View attachment 148585

Video of handle turning sprogs
View attachment 148584

Thanks for these, yeah they're the same models of machine. Is your last picture post fix and what the chain around the cog should look like?
Yes.
Your handle vid - is it not perhaps the small hex screw that is stripped?

Hi do you have any solutions as to what the problem could be? Just happened to mine

The first time it happened to me, I think quite a lot to do with it was too much wood dust clinging to the four threaded posts, so that there was a lot of resistance to smooth running. I am quite nerdy now about vacuuming after thicknessing. But also the tensioner had become incredibly loose. getting your head underneath and looking up (good goggles needed! Helps to see where the tension is highest and therefore where you need to focus your efforts.
Stuart

Hello, had this issue today. There is a pin that goes through the turning gear and the turning shaft. Find a thin nail and pass it through. Mine works perfectly now.

Back