metabo bas 260 swift bandsaw....advise please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zetanpriest

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just bought a metabo bas 260 swift bandsaw,after a lot of initial setting up and adjusting I got it running ok apart from one problem. After a few minutes use, the drive belt seems to slowly move off of the motor spindle then completely comes off. so I go through the process of loosening the motor putting the belt back on ,pulling it tight then tightening the motor nut up again. Then the same thing happens all over again. Any advise would be brilliant otherwise I have the job of packing it all up and sending it back as faulty. One thing I did notice when I ran it with the bottom door open as I stopped the saw the belt seemed to jump off slightly of the grooved motor spindle.
thank
Paul

I had a similar problem with my 250 from Record Power. After getting advice from Record Power I loosened the grub screw holding the drive wheel and eased the drive wheel forward 2 - 3mm. This did the trick and haven't had a problem since.
Hope this helps.
John

Just a quick update,after messing around for ages I still can get the belt to stay on so I have packed it up and am going to ring up lawson-his today and report it as faulty. I was thinking of getting a scheppach basa 1 .

Back