March Challenge - The results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
The results are in.....

1st Nev : Nice shape to the bowl and superbly finished.
file.php

2nd heatherw - Also nicely shaped and the combination of cones and curves seems to work.
file.php

3rd henton49er - Another nicely shaped bowl with an interesting support
file.php

4th monkeybiter - a creative interpretation of the theme
file.php

5th silverbirch - well turned and a good contrast with the black.
file.php

Well done to all those who entered. The combination of multiple elements make this a difficult challenge.

Regards

Paul

Roundup

Well done, nev. A quality turning well deserving of first place.

Congrats too to all the other entrants (my own particular favourite was Silverbirch's entry - very elegant and looked a well balanced piece (but, then, what do I know). Thanks also to Paul for the judging.

So, into the deeper regions of outer space we go!!

Well done to all - some very special pieces there. Sadly I got the deadline wrong and didn't get my
photos done in time for uploading

Need to get my thinking cap on for next month

Well I have to say I'm chuffed with 4th considering the very high standard of turning/finishing on display. I felt rather outclassed when uploading, and honestly thought Silverbirch had 1st nailed on.

Absolutely no disrespect intended to the actual winners, their places are very well deserved, congrats to all!

I'm astounded, having seen all the entries before uploading mine I wasn't expecting to get anywhere near the podium. And the first one I saw was Nev's which is awesome. I love it. Congratulations everyone, this is getting really interesting, such a variety of takes on the subject, just a shame there weren't more entries. It's like having a little private view every month. Everyone at work wants to see the entries each month now.

I have no inspiration whatsoever for Outer Space.....and very little time to get inspired anyway. We shall see.

monkeybiter":15ixoaqu said:
... I felt rather outclassed when uploading, and honestly thought Silverbirch had 1st nailed on.

Absolutely no disrespect intended to the actual winners, their places are very well deserved, congrats to all!

None taken :mrgreen:
Honestly, I thought we were all in with a shout.

My favourite ' :idea: bit' was Dennis' bent nail, a simple thing but added so much character to the piece. =D>

Very, very well done to all of you, especially Nev - I absolutely loved his piece as soon as I saw it. In fact, I'm ALMOST tempted to go across the border to have a feel!!

Great pieces be everyone. I am simply jealous of your invention and skills.

Cheers

Greg

Well done to everyone. especially you Nev! I like themes, such as this one, where there is plenty of scope for individual interpretation. fascinating to get a glimpse of how different people think!

Ian

vortx":1wja26cq said:
Well done to all - some very special pieces there. Sadly I got the deadline wrong and didn't get my
photos done in time for uploading

Need to get my thinking cap on for next month

you could still show us the piccys :)

Well another months challenge is over and it still sends tingles down me spine waiting for the results . What a great outlet to have .

Well done Nev. you have worked very hard for this so enjoy it .

Well done to all the other entrants also ,what an array of turnings and of Ideas , a worthy challenge .

Paul ,This is one month that the judging could not have been easy .Apart from the actual turning itself you had the added pressure of design . You done an excellent job .

Back