LV BUJ

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all I know several people have the LV BUJ, as I do. Has anyone else had minor niggles with the rear tote being continuously loose. I have fixed mine now, but had to take a couple of pitches off the fixing screws in the end to do it. Has anyone else had this problem.

Having said that I have had a few niggles, it is really a very good plane, capable as I have now measured 0.001" full width shaving on oak.

Bean

Mine works loose over time and I have to re-tighten half a turn.
Apart from that it is a very capable plane!
Philly :D

I assume you mean Jack - excuse the ignorance.

If that is the case then I have used mine plenty and no probs whatsoever. I am only impressed with this plane. What a good buy! :D

HI Bean,
My Jack was loose when it arrived, and no amount of tightening would fix it - the bolts were just too long. Like you, I filed off a couple of turns and all was well.

Excellent plane, a joy to use.

Cheers
Steve

Steve my jointer was as you described, as the screws were a couple of turns loose I blamed it on poor fitting. but once tight it did not feel right, I examined what was going on and fount that the screws were too long. Like you I removed a couple of pitches and retightened. Now it feels right and the rear tote has not come loose again.

Shame they have these niggles as it is an excellent plane.

Bean

Bean":7vypzj0d said:
but once tight it did not feel right, I examined what was going on and fount that the screws were too long.
Bean

Nice one Bean! I'll keep an eye open for that on my BUJ.

Back