Looking to buy a replacement router for a UKJ lift without a NVR switch?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triton routers are the worse router you could even use in a table, the spindle lock means grouping around under the table every time you want to change bits, and mine only lasted a month before the bearings needed re-placing.

I have a redundant dewalt 625ev7and excalibur collet chuck extender if interested
Not sure if this allowed on forum so advance apology in case !

Triton routers are the worse router you could even use in a table, the spindle lock means grouping around under the table every time you want to change bits, and mine only lasted a month before the bearings needed re-placing.
I have not had any issues with reliability using a TRA001 except the inbuilt lift was not smooth but once you use the knob to get it to rough height and only use the handle above the table to fine tune it works. As for fumbling under the table it is not hard to modify so a remote switch can be used and fitting a muscle chuck solves the bit changing once you remove the built in spindle lock plunger. To solve the height issues you can fit it into a Jessem Prestige lift and then it performs ok, plenty of power and does the job. The best solution will be a lift and AUK motor if starting out with nothing. I would always avoid extensions if a muscle chuck can solve your issue because it replaces the existing chuck and you only need a hex key to change bits otherwise it is an extra component in the existing chuck.

"As for fumbling under the table" that was reference to the spindle lock, so in the end Spectric you actually agree with me, it has to be modified or added too so it works as you want it to be, so many other routers out there that work out of the box, additionally if you put it into a Triton router table the above table lift hole is under the fence, so badly thought out, worth giving it a miss.

I would also add that it is ok for the money but not the best solution, for that you need a router motor like the AUK in a decent lift and not just hanging a plunge router in your table.

Back