long bend ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recky33

Established Member
Reaction score
It appears that corners are to be treated with caution when vent pipe is concerned, everywhere tells you to use either long 90 degree bends or 2 45's with a bit in the middle
The diameter of a standard 150mm bend is 150mm. Anyone know what the diameter of a "long bend" is, or are they not round

Ta

Allan

Presuming you're talking about ducting Allan so far as i can see the radius of bends depends a bit on the maker.

Oneida Air in the US have picture of some long radius dust system bends on their website which you could scale to estimate the radius: http://store.oneida-air.com/elbows-adjustable-2.aspx The essential feature is that long radius bends (unless formed from one piece of material) have more and potentially longer segments for a given bend angle.

They have a guy representing them in the UK linked off the site, he seems to have most stuff available, and is as competitive as most retail sources on the types of ducting they do - although so far i can tell more expensive than trade prices direct from a manufacturer.

Here's another site by a US maker that gives dimensions for most items of stock spiral duct and fittings: http://www.spiralmfg.com/elbowsf.htm It may of course vary a bit between manufacturers...

If you are using soil pipe, then long bends are used on the underground sections. Radii are usually either 450 or 600mm.
You should be able to get these from any decent builders merchant.

Bob

Many thanks, radius was the word I was looking for, was getting late :)

Just trying to find out how far off a wall they would be if they had to go through the wall, with not very much space either side

once again ta chaps

Allan

Ta for that Recky. Not aimed primarily at me i know, but i spent hours trying to dig up a catalogue with fully specified fittings a few weeks ago and failed.

Back