Lidl Parkside shop vacs are back...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there's a few there - you don't have to buy the ones with the filter. I've been using mine with the bottom seam unfolded then refolded and clamped back with a couple of little strips of scrap wood - possibly easier than taping them up every time.

Yeh I saw your handy tip a while back Mr P. There's so little left of this bag it's hard to accomplish. I'll buy some new bags and eek them out with your method and a couple of bulldog clips I reckon. Cheers. As I used to say down Chelsea way, a pound in the hand is worth two in the bush.
:D

I had a conversation years ago with a friend who repaired domestic goods for a living. What did he advise me to buy and not to buy? You've probably guessed - a Henry ... always to be used with a bag. Never to buy - yes, you might have guessed again - anything made by Dyson. He'd lost count of the Dysons he'd scrapped.

These look good for clearing round - how does it work? They're available from Sunday, so do we just turn up and rush for the middle aisle Sunday morning and hope to get one? And do all Lidls have them?

Based on the details in the manual (from the Lidl service site) it is made by Grizzly. (edit: Grizzly Germany, not Grizzly US, they seem to be different.)

Chris152":1q5vc4uz said:
Is this the same thing in blue? £80.
A few of the design details are different, most noticeably the power take off, carry handle, and there seems to be a 'cage' for organising/storing the hose on the Lidl one. Also the accessories are very different. It could come out of the same factory in the far east and share a lot of parts, but not the same product I think.

You're right, they're not the same on closer inspection.
The Grizzly site in Germany shows lots of spares for the Lidl vacuum and it has the advantage you can just take it back to Lidl if there's a problem, I guess.

Edit:
Apparently for fine dust you need these
https://grizzly-shop.de/Feinstaubfilter ... Vliesweiss
which don't come in the box and I can only find on the Grizzly site in Germany.

For info these work great when combined with a dust deputy or similar, the filter will last pretty much forever then, mine only needs a light cleaning every few months and I use it for fine dust a lot and it still only gets slightly dusty.

Made a detour to Huntingdon Lidl on the way back from Suffolk today but they hadn't been delivered to the store :?

In the words of Neil, Summer is a bumm3r!

I'll try Redditch tomorrow.

Mark A":2bm23r5z said:
I bought 10 bags and a filter cartridge for my Lidl vacuum last week. About £11 all in from eBay.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Have you got a link please?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Rorschach":3kuuyy17 said:
For info these work great when combined with a dust deputy or similar, the filter will last pretty much forever then, mine only needs a light cleaning every few months and I use it for fine dust a lot and it still only gets slightly dusty.

Hi. Thanks for the info. Do you a link to which dust deputy you use? Regards Lee

phil.p":2ndyh60a said:
Yes, there's a few there - you don't have to buy the ones with the filter. I've been using mine with the bottom seam unfolded then refolded and clamped back with a couple of little strips of scrap wood - possibly easier than taping them up every time.

Hi. Have you got a link to your tip for the bags?

I can't remember where I posted it. All you need do is peel the seam on the bottom corner, empty the bag and refold it. A bulldog clip or a couple of bits of scrap and a small spring clamp on it is enough. The bag won't last forever but mine's been emptied half a dozen times already.

Mutley Racers":3ahf6hxo said:
Rorschach":3ahf6hxo said:

Hi. Thanks for the info. Do you a link to which dust deputy you use? Regards Lee

The standard one sold buy Rutlands.

phil.p":wbsn2pk6 said:
I can't remember where I posted it. All you need do is peel the seam on the bottom corner, empty the bag and refold it. A bulldog clip or a couple of bits of scrap and a small spring clamp on it is enough. The bag won't last forever but mine's been emptied half a dozen times already.

Wow, simples. Thanks

Rorschach":3e6pudfc said:
Mutley Racers":3e6pudfc said:
Rorschach":3e6pudfc said:

The standard one sold buy Rutlands.

The dust deputy deluxe kit then?

Back