Lidl 3-year warranty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
My Parkside Shopvac packed up today 2 weeks before its second birthday. The Power Tool Outlet is permanently on, it is no longer switched by the tool.

So an 0800 call to Lidl customer services, answered within half a minute. The guy asked for the IAN number, which I have, and he was able to tell me the date I bought it! Gave me a ref no., sent an email to Grizzly, whilst I was on the phone, to contact me and assured me it would get sorted out.

So, so far 10/10 for customer services. Very impressed. I'll keep you posted.

Mine does the same from time to time. A quick thump on the top every once in a while solves the issue :)

That's interesting, (and reassuring). My lidl shopvac power take off is permanently Off - Maybe I'll check the purchase date and give them a shout.
Cheers, Steve,

Greg

The label on the machine will give you the month and year of manufacture, so that should give you a start. Mine was made in March 2014, bought in July.

Lidl Customer Services - 0800 977 7766

Good to know they are helpful, so far I have been lucky, none of my lidl tools have stopped working. I have only just replaced my 7 years shop vac, it's still working fine, just sounding a bit worse for wear. I didn't want to be without one so bought a new one, will relegate the old one to really nasty jobs until it gives up.

I got a scroll saw from them and after 4 months decided to use it for the first time and found out it was rubbish due to the top arm being off centre.......I contacted Lidl/Einhell and they asked me to send a serial number and then they said we will send a replacement and best of all.... no need to return the old one! everything else on the saw was perfect including a very useful motor with speed controller which I have used to make a sander :cool: can't fault Lidls customer service but Aldi are a different case, we got a fish tank from them and had 9 replacement light fittings and 3 air pumps and took 8 month to sort.

Very reassuring Steve, as others have said. You mention an IAN number, is that on the label you mentioned,have the month and year of manufacture on?

Terry.

Update:

I hadn't heard anything after a couple of weeks, so I rang again and was told someone would ring me back. They did.

Warranties are handled by a company called NovoServ and they had emailed me. I never got the email, it must have gone straight through to Junk. So I'd not got back to them, which is why nothing had happened.

They were very helpful and said they just needed proof of purchase. Well, I keep all my receipts so that should be no problem. Or so I thought. I could find everything except that one. But I did have my card statement and they were happy with that. So within half an hour of me providing that, I got an email back confirming that it was being processed and last week got another email to say that a replacement part was on its way. It arrived this morning, a whole new motor and head unit. Not a new whole new machine, but I don't need that, of course, this is the identical part, so it will just drop in directly.

So top marks to Lidl. =D> =D> =D>

Ironic that almost a year ago I said Steve's experience was comforting, as over the weekend my almost 2 year old Lidl wet 'n' dry just stopped working. So Yesterday I called Lidl customer service. Very helpful man took the IAN number and details of the issue, confirming it was in warranty and that the issue would be passed to NovoServ. He told me they gave NovoServ up to 10 days to respond, well forget about that they called me within 2 hours. I missed the call so called them back today. Bit of duplication explaining the issue, and I also told them I did not have receipt but had my bank statement showing the purchase which they were happy with. Less than 24 hours after my initial call I am now waiting for the replacement motor unit to come. They said allow 21 days, but based on experience so far I'm guessing I'll get it sooner.

So far my experience mirrors Steve. Well done Lidl and NovoServ!

Terry.

Back