Lathe equipment for sale and advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bofh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I went to a garage sale this morning in Northfleet Kent, the lady has quite a few items that might be of interest to someone here. I know nothing about lathes and associated tools so I've posted these two lathes in the hope that someone knows more about them and can give her some info, or you might want to buy them as she needs this lot gone before it hits the tip.

Obviously she would like them to go to a good home rather than the dump. There are bags full of what look like turning tools, many chucks etc.

I know one of the lathes is a combination but know nothing of the other one.

Combo lathe

I have the ladies number if anyone would like to look at these, needs to get sold very soon.

Don't know anything about the Holbrook, but it looks a nice solid piece of kit that would be excellent for someone.

The red Minorette was a real trip down memory lane for me :D . They were a wonderful (or disastrous, depending on your experience!) design, which could do almost anything wody with the right attachments. Looks like that one just has the basic short bed lathe, saw table and the mortice cutter, but they could be fitted with a planer (which could also take a thicknesser plate) and even a bandsaw. Took up very little space, unless you added the bandsaw. Obviously limited in the size of stock they could handle, but were the pride and joy of many 1960s woodworkers, myself included.

No idea what either is worth, but both definitely should be saved.

Yes hello, these are my late father-in-law's bits and I'd love them to go to a new home. The Minarette machine has extra attachments in the hold under the bench - don't ask me what they are I'm sorry!

I'd be more than happy to let people have a poke about my arrangement if they're keen - please call 07811 949975
Similarly if you know I'd anywhere else I could post to find new owners for this equipment please let me know

I do need this all gone by the end of June as the house has now been sold.

Latest posts

Back