Last man standing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pax panel saws sold here in Canada at Lee Valley are incredible value. $125 compared to $300 for a Lie Nielsen or Wentzloff saw (in Canadian dollars). Not sure where they fit price-wise in the UK market viz-a-viz other makers but it's astonishing to me that they aren't better known here considering the price alone.

mouppe":2j8oush4 said:
The Pax panel saws sold here in Canada at Lee Valley are incredible value. $125 compared to $300 for a Lie Nielsen or Wentzloff saw (in Canadian dollars). Not sure where they fit price-wise in the UK market viz-a-viz other makers but it's astonishing to me that they aren't better known here considering the price alone.

The problem with selling any saws is that there are gloms and gloms of extremely high quality old saws for cheap. My dad gets them in the states for about $3 each at a flea market, and I've scavenged some off of him. Realistically on a more regular basis, if you have a fifty dollar bill in your pocket, you can usually get a very nice full plated saw of one make or another with 24 hours.

Different saws in the UK, but I've noticed the same thing. I'd like to have more of the S&J, Groves and other saws available here even though they are technically (the plates) not any better and sometimes not as good as disston's 7's 8's and above. They have style that disston is missing.

Back