laminating help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laminating like this the go to glue was Cascamite or the other similar glue brands. Long opening time and no creep.

just to expand on what this is for.

I have made a drying rack for a range cooker( everhot) and I love to "run" with the design a bit. the brought ones are called airy fairy and they aren't great I have introduced wedged mortice and tenons for strength. my next idea was to have a curved over the hotplate section.

Attachments

• 20230214_174924.jpg
    20230214_174924.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230214_174900.jpg
    20230214_174900.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
just to conclude this a bit. I really took on board everybody's suggestions and took a hybrid womble approach. I used whatever stuff I had laying around. I used timber construction screws for the tightening. posts and blocks to even it up( from the side) few clamps. titebond 3 as I'd got a gallon. seemed to work.

Attachments

• 20230220_125355.jpg
    20230220_125355.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 0
just to conclude this a bit. I really took on board everybody's suggestions and took a hybrid womble approach. I used whatever stuff I had laying around. I used timber construction screws for the tightening. posts and blocks to even it up( from the side) few clamps. titebond 3 as I'd got a gallon. seemed to work.
Well done, that's quite impressive. I like the way you have used the blocks to clamp the 2 arches at once. Did you have some assistance?
I wouldn't normally advocate the use of PVA on laminations because it can creep over time when under stress. In this case, however, the curve is quite gentle and you shouldn't have a problem.
Brian

Latest posts

Back