Laminate sheet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter

Established Member
Reaction score
I`m trying to source a piece of white laminate sheet to complete a blackboard/wipe board I`m making but up to now have had no success.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, in the South Lancashire/ Gtr Manchester area. Thanks,

Dex

Dexter - what about using a piece of MDF with some chalkboard paing - i've done it for the kids and it's dead easy.

Or are you after white laminate that can be used with non-permanent markers?

Cheers

Karl

Hi Karl,
The plan is to have one side of the board as a blackboard and to stick the laminate to the other side so it can be used for the marker pens.

Dex

If you apply laminate to one side only the sheet will probably warp. Just like veneer laminate really needs a balancer for stability. A cheap and cheerful way to get a whiteboard might be to use white MFC or white MF-MDF (double-sided) and scuff the othet side with 80 grit before painting with blackboard paint. This won't last forever, but may be fit for purpose and it will be low-cost

Laminate can stain with marker pens.

If you do go for laminate you will need high gloss not the more common matt so will probably have to buy a full sheet at £50+.

Easier to buy a cheap drywipe board and cut that up, I've used these people when i've needed part sheets of coloured Sundela K board.

Jason

PS don't use permanent markers, get the proper drywipe ones.

Dexter

How big a piece do you need? I've got some high gloss board, but in cream rather than white. You're welcome to a piece of that if it's any good to you - I can drop it at Brad's place next week for you if he doesn't mind.

Cheers

Karl

Back