Lady Driver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNC Paul

Established Member
Reaction score
In for repair at our local bodyshop, this is all that is left from the front wheel after a lady driver had a few bevvies.... the rest of the molten alloy is sprayed up the side of the car.

Ladydriver.jpg

Mike.C":uuft8ir9 said:
Astra or Corsa?

Cheers

Mike

Astra

pren":uuft8ir9 said:
WTF??!! :shock:

What happened?

She decided to drink and drive, hit the kerb and got a puncture, kept on going and shredded the tyre, then continued to drive wearing the wheel down till she was stopped by the police......thank God

Well, I dunno, but perhaps "Drunk Driver", "silly person Drunk Driver" or "Flippin' Danger to the Rest of Humanity" might have been more accurate thread titles...

Alf":ce40r7ct said:
Well, I dunno, but perhaps "Drunk Driver", "silly person Drunk Driver" or "Flippin' Danger to the Rest of Humanity" might have been more accurate thread titles...

Equally accurate i would suggest.

More accurate would have been "Drunk Woman Driver", "silly person drunk woman driver" or "Woman Who is a Flippin danger to the Rest of Humanity"

You could argue that the fact that she is a woman affected her ability to consume alcohol.

Why do some people want to "de-genderise" everything? Vive la difference!

Okay, look at it another way, Stuart - if it had said "Black Driver", would you have been comfortable with that? Would it have been relevant? Nope. Yeah, if some silly tart had done this while putting on her lippy, I fear you'd have a case for some lady driver bashing. But everyone is equally capable of getting royally bladdered, and both genders have their fair share of complete morons. And after a while, it starts to annoy me - because I like to think the best of my woodworking acquaintances, and the reoccurrence of this sort of thing makes that quite difficult. But I don't want to turn this into a big debate, followed shortly by mod intervention and inevitable locking; mild protest has been made. I'll let it go and wait for the "Male woodworker makes a complete Horlicks of a simple job and cuts off his fingers owing to failing to read the instructions" thread. :wink:

As for the alloys, d'you think anyone even thought to test them to this sort of level of destruction? Or would the manufacturers naturally assume that you'd probably stop after the first hundred yards... :-k

Regardless of the silly person car driver's gender what car was it? That 'hub' is / was very small to start with. There are only 4 holes that are spaced around a thumb's width apart.

John

JWLeaper":2iqepe7k said:
Regardless of the silly person car driver's gender what car was it? That 'hub' is / was very small to start with. There are only 4 holes that are spaced around a thumb's width apart.

John

John, if you look closely you will see that it's a 5 1/2"X14" GM (Vauxhall) wheel off a Astra. The 4 stud version of their alloy's have a PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) of 100mm, so although it looks really small in the photo, it is about average size.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike, so that's what all those numbers mean.

Such is my knowledge (and interest) in cars I wouldn't know an Astra from a (pick any other model you wish) if you parked it on my foot but I am impressed that said little car could drive along melting wheel, grinding other gubbins from under car and undoubtedly gouging grove in road for so long.

What sentence did the gender unspecific driver earn?

john

JWLeaper":259dcoda said:
Thanks Mike, so that's what all those numbers mean.

Such is my knowledge (and interest) in cars I wouldn't know an Astra from a (pick any other model you wish) if you parked it on my foot but I am impressed that said little car could drive along melting wheel, grinding other gubbins from under car and undoubtedly gouging grove in road for so long.

What sentence did the gender unspecific driver earn?

john

Hi John, cars were my misspent youth :wink:

The 5 1/2" J is how wide the wheel is, and the 14" is how high. As for the 100 PCD, if you were to draw a circle right through the centre of each stud (hole) it would be 100mm. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mike

Dear Alf

I'm sorry if I upset you. I have found this picture to cheer you up!

OMG

This will probably get me a warning.

Alf - absolute pea's, it was a women driver, its a perfectly good description.

Saying black driver is completely different as you are commenting on their race not their gender, as regardless of your colour or creed you still have a gender.

for all you know the women driver in question could well have been black.

It makes me soooooo mad the bleeding PC brigade!!!!

Under the circumstances I think defining her as a 'Lady' was very polite! lol:

Roy.

With the current tone probably shouldn't post these:

Vintage-Ads-Vife2.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Keep-Her.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Mans-World.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Vife.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Cola.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Beer.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Better.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Coffee.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Girl.jpg

Vintage-Ads-Innocence.jpg

See how far we've come, lady driver is a positively PC description!

mark270981":1z52ra0h said:
OMG

This will probably get me a warning.

Alf - absolute pea's, it was a women driver, its a perfectly good description.

Saying black driver is completely different as you are commenting on their race not their gender, as regardless of your colour or creed you still have a gender.

for all you know the women driver in question could well have been black.

It makes me soooooo mad the bleeding PC brigade!!!!

I think rather then being PC, Alf is supporting her gender. You did know that she is a female didn't you Mark :D and that all she is saying is that 'A Drunk Driver' would have been a better title.

Cheers

Mike

Whilst fully appreciating your view Mike I would have posted much the same as the OP, not because I'm a misogynist but because, in general, I tend to associate drunk driving with men, unfortunately.

Roy.

Back