Kity

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
started to uncover this today

Steve

Attachments

• kity.jpg
    kity.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 192
And where might that be Bob? I like to keep in touch with what's going on but this type of reply does not help much?

I've look on a couple of other forums without success.

Myfordman":33vjnqr7 said:
And where might that be Bob? I like to keep in touch with what's going on but this type of reply does not help much?

I've look on a couple of other forums without success.

:lol: :lol: :lol: http://www.penturners.co.uk/tools-equip ... -kity.html

Nosey b*gger :roll: :lol: :lol:

That's a great haul he's aquired. I used to sell Kity machines through my branch many moons ago and still have some info. (don't ask :oops: )

Bob

have to say it was a result...but hard work dismantle and transport
sadly of no use to me as would be a sad moment to split it
so i am now on look out for an old thicknesser \ planer

Steve

When I split my kity ck26 combi there was no interest and I ended up keeping the Spindle and the motor which by then had been grafted onto a home brew dust collector. The rest was given away as no one was prepared to pay even a few quid!

i guess that is only issue with this kit
without the motor it is of no interest

a fantastic setup for the right person

the thicknesser is just what i want but i am sure i can find another to match it

Steve

Steve
Myfordman is quite right.

The Kity machines are in fact all separates fitted around a single motoer and the planer/thicknesser is a decent capacity so well worth the effort if you keep the existing motor which is in good condition so you have a machine for free and would get some back for the other bits and accessories if you present them carefully.
The planer should be model 636 if it's a 10", or 635 if 8". You could remake the table to suit and set up the planer knife grinder on the same unit. Quite a nice little se up with 1.5 hp motor imo

Bob

cheers for input Bob

yes it is the 636 and with the quiet motor it would make a nice kit
i was just not sure of the want of the other bits
the spindle moulder has so many cutters \ blocks and i would never even fire it up
not got the skills or knowledge for such a setup

Steve

SteveF":2dm39fvx said:
cheers for input Bob

yes it is the 636 and with the quiet motor it would make a nice kit
i was just not sure of the want of the other bits
the spindle moulder has so many cutters \ blocks and i would never even fire it up
not got the skills or knowledge for such a setup

Steve

Just shout if you need help Steve.

If you do keep the planer & motor (def the grinder) you would be best if using ebay to sell the other machines individually and bundling the accessories as separates according to function. Keep the spindle blocks as individual items as well, as I said the 80mm blocks are scarce s/h.

There are always buyers looking even if just to buy as spare parts.

If selling the whole thing then I'd probably list the combi as a unit and the accessories as a job lot to get the best return. In any event you need to clean it all and set it up if you want the best price. Shame you don't live "up norf" 'cos I'd give you a hand.

Bob

thanks Bob
as stated i not got a clue what i have tbh
so "up norf" may be my only option to get a return on kit
i will see if i can extract the cutter block on the thicknesser and clean it up
the blades are still scary sharp even though show rust signs
the rest of kit is in fantastic condition

Steve

Can scan some pics and specs from the brochure if you need them Steve.
Spindle block I mean is the one in the wooden case, looks decent as it has a scoring blade though the block could be aluminium. It looks like a rebate block and in reasonable condition. if there's one fitted to the spindle then it's probably for profile cutters.
knife grinder has a red label and a white cup wheel. Should have a green metal base to mount it on and a twin bar sliding contraction into which you clamp the blade.

As an aside, if you do keep the planer, it might be worth having the morticing table as well. There will be a set of levers and clamps there that fit on to it, otherwise sell tat as a seperate unit as a lot of 7040s were sold without and they may be a buyer out there.

The spindle blocks and slot cutters won't fit modern machines whick mostly have 30mm bore and your french head cutters will be too thick for K5 owners. It looks as if you have some blank cutters as well and might be worth keeping some to make up some lathe tools as probably HSS. The saw blades if Kity will be rubbish btw.

Just the kind of project I'd love to have taken on, probably others like Brian and Walter as well I guess.

Latest posts

Back