Kity 1619

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Kity 1619 and wanted to find out where I can buy mitre bar to make a sled from.
Any ideas Ive looked al over and Im struggling?I had thought of an Incra system but apparently they don't fit either
Also do you know where I can buy accessories for them too?
Many thanks R

you can't. what you will need to do is to remake the bar part and fir it to an incra or other aftermarket one.

from memory, one standard size of aluminium will almost fit the slots- you will just need to take a fraction off with a file, belt sander etc. I think it is an imperial sized piece- 3/8x1/4 maybe.

hardwood will do, but if you are doing it, I would go to the extra effort of aluminium.

what accessories are you looking for- it will probably be a matter of making rather than buying.

Hi Marcos, a cross cut sled for starters. Someone mentioned the Axminster Ts200 was similar.
Any thoughts on places to buy the aluminium?

i bought a piece from ebay (never actually made the mitre runner from it though!). The ts200 is a clone of the kity 419, not sure on the larger kity saws, but the mitre slot is probably the same. If you measure your slot, then i am sure that somebody will measure the ts200 slot. You can probably buy the ts200 mitre gauge as a spare part, but the one from the 419 isnt actually very good. Presumably the ts200 one is similar.

For the crosscut sled, I would suggest making one. I dont know that there is a commercial one for any saw, and there certainly wont be for the kity. Plenty of free plans around, but here is one http://www.finewoodworking.com/2011/07/ ... sscut-sled i would give some thought to guarding though.

Back