Kity 1619 Dado set/ stack?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Established Member
Reaction score
H I just bought a Kity 1619 and wanted to know if I could add a dado stack and if so does anyone have any recommendations?

I don't believe the arbour on a 1619 is long enough to take a dado stack (Norm will be very disappointed in you for buying one :)). I'd recommend another saw if that's the kind of work you want to do on a saw bench. You could use a grooving blade but the functionality of those is limited to fixed width kerfs so they are much less useful than a proper dado stack. Alternatively use a router or cut grooves and housings by hand.

I think that the only saws in the UK that will take a dado stack are the Delta clones, such as Woodford's Xcalibur. As memsey says, the arbour isn't long enough on other saws made for the domestic market.
There is also the issue of stopping time (the extra mass on a small saw may well make it overrun by more than 10 seconds) and guarding. It's not impossible to guard a dado stack, but you can use the standard guard that comes with the saw, you have to make rather more complex arrangements.
Sorry, it's not what you wanted to hear, I know, but it's not the right machine for that type of work.

Back