Kiting out workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diviy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have finally got mead head sorted to finish my workshop. Roof will be fitted asap so my question is I have a router table .small table saw and a chop saw .
Would you have a separate table to use these ?
Next question what depth would you make the work bench and would a length of six foot a good size the only other item I would like is a lathe to do bowls so what sort of size should I be looking at .
I have hamy kit stolen years ago all my mechanical tools finally rebuilt that up so next is restock on wood working tools so hunting car boot sales and eBay.
I am medically retired due to having a back broken in three places and now got three cages sixteen bolts meta plate and six fushions.
But on the bright side I am not in a wheel chair

Hi there,

A lot depends on your available space as well as what you prefer. If you have loads of space, having tools on separate takes gives you the freedom to move them where you want / need.

I'd recommend having the chop saw against a wall in the middle, giving you good length before and after to cut long stock.

Regarding the workbench, it's very much down to preference. What style are you going for? Have you done a search online to see what dimensions are typical for the style you want?

And as for your injuries, fair play for pushing past them! You sound like the terminator! :D

Latest posts

Back