Kitchen Cabinet Door Spindle moulder tooling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeddedhed

Established Member
Reaction score
Until recently I'd (strangely) only ever been asked to make up Shaker style doors for kitchen cabinets and wardrobes. It's not that I don't do many cabinets - over 40 cabinet/kitchen/wardrobe type jobs in just over two years - just that everyone wanted either plain flat doors or Shaker style.
Anyway, the time has finally come to do some moulded panel doors. Not raised and fielded - flat panel with moulding.
To be absolutely clear the rails and stiles will be 20 or 22 mm thick. The central panel probably either 6 or 9mm.
Everything made from MR MDF.
What I'm looking for is a cutter (40mm Euro pattern knives and limiters) that I can use to do both rails and stiles, including the grooving.

Can anyone recommend a supplier and cutter ref No? I need to get these in something of a rush.

I know that I could run the mouldings from solid and then pin them on but I've always felt that incorporating the moulding into the rail and stile gives a neater result.
Also makes for a quicker job (less processes, less finishing etc)

Any answers gratefully received.

I use this one, suitable for 22mm-27mm thick doors.

I use the lambs tongue mould

Somewhat annoying it makes a 5mm groove, so the centre panel has to be rebated or fielded (which can be set to the back so the door still has a flat panel on its face).

If you dont have a spindle with a sliding table, a board of plywood with a timber fence and 2 toggle clamps works very well for machining the scribe.

Cheers Robin

Latest posts

Back