kitchen build by the new yorkshire workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched about the first hour and a half of this last night, going to watch the rest later this evening.

His videos get a big 👍from me.
Fascinating as it is, I'm not sure I have 2 1/2 hours of my time to watch it all.

Spoiler alert, it looks fine in the end!! Other than the colour! And did I miss something, did he leave the boiler flue un-boxed-in?

I am really enjoying it. I'd love to know how much effort he's put into the CNC designing/programming for the project, and test pieces etc.
I wish I had the space and money for a CNC machine!

I am really enjoying it. I'd love to know how much effort he's put into the CNC designing/programming for the project, and test pieces etc.
I wish I had the space and money for a CNC machine!

He made that CNC machine if I remember correctly.....👍

There are a couple of subsidiary videos he made of that kitchen project over the 2 years it took to complete....one of which was of him making those worktops, which did not initially go as planned...!!! Plus, he stated that they marked very easily and I got the impression that there was an element of regret in his tone.

Either way, it was an interesting watch,.......But s o d doing all that iron on edging by hand......That's possibly why he put a cost of £60k on the whole project.....😁

He made that CNC machine if I remember correctly.....👍

There are a couple of subsidiary videos he made of that kitchen project over the 2 years it took to complete....one of which was of him making those worktops, which did not initially go as planned...!!! Plus, he stated that they marked very easily and I got the impression that there was an element of regret in his tone.

Either way, it was an interesting watch,.......But s o d doing all that iron on edging by hand......That's possibly why he put a cost of £60k on the whole project.....😁
he did indeed build the CNC machine, here is the shortened version of the build

£60,000 for a kitchen, (say with irony) that is a realistic budget for those of us that live in the real world, or perhaps it's only for those that play football for a team, I am not going to dignify football with the word professional. Athletes.jpeg

everything that guy does is class, i could watch his videos for hours. check out how he used a cheap laser engraver to cut marquetry for an intricate side table.

Big range of skills on show.
I only watched 1/2 hour but the skilled part was building the robotic cutter, from then on it is box assembly which going by his facial expression is somewhat boring and like that of many line workers. Just screwing into MDF and no glue which I assume is for time saving you would have thought he would have also used a more advanced joining method like Lamello or such but again time consuming. A shame doctor Bob is not around to comment as he made some impressive kitchens.

£60,000 for a kitchen, (say with irony) that is a realistic budget for those of us that live in the real world, or perhaps it's only for those that play football for a team, I am not going to dignify football with the word professional.View attachment 180632
Some cabinetmakers out there get 20k for a sideboard ;)

Not me though, im lucky if they are willing to swop a packet of jellybabies for anything i produce
:(

I only watched 1/2 hour but the skilled part was building the robotic cutter, from then on it is box assembly which going by his facial expression is somewhat boring and like that of many line workers. Just screwing into MDF and no glue which I assume is for time saving you would have thought he would have also used a more advanced joining method like Lamello or such but again time consuming. A shame doctor Bob is not around to comment as he made some impressive kitchens.
After the design and CNC steps, there's references to the epoxy work for the countertops, re-roofing the kitchen, some plastering work, levelling the floor, tiling, electrical, plumbing etc; and with a great end result. Not to my personal taste, but that doesn't matter.

The CNC work alone is actually really very impressive - the design and cutting of the doors, and making the handles is not trivial.

Not to my taste but I have to admire the skill and tenacity required to get a finish of that quality. Very interesting video thanks for posting.

Back