Jet JSS-18

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip n

Established Member
Reaction score
I was having a look at scroll saws on Amazon Germany last night and came across this saw.
I'm just curious if this is one of those Hegner clones that Axminster and others sell? I know Jet are a well established company
but it does seem odd that the saw isn't available anywhere other than Germany (as far as I can tell).

I'm unable to post the link for some reason so you'll have to Google it yourselves.

Yes, it's the same as the Axminster one, and I believe it is sold under other names in Australia. I thought Hegner had their saw patented, or at least parts of it. So why does this saw exist? Especially in Germany where the Hegner is from. There must be enough differences, apart from quality, to make it a different saw.

Martin.

martinka":3c19f4r5 said:
So why does this saw exist? Especially in Germany where the Hegner is from.

That's the bit that gets me.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

martinka":2l0kwj1o said:
Yes, it's the same as the Axminster one, and I believe it is sold under other names in Australia. I thought Hegner had their saw patented, or at least parts of it. So why does this saw exist? Especially in Germany where the Hegner is from. There must be enough differences, apart from quality, to make it a different saw.

Martin.
Martin, I believe that patents last for about 20 years, after then it's a free for all.
happy scrolling
Steve

This machine seems to be a dead copy of the Hegner but I understand that it is not in the same league as a Hegner quality wise.
If the build quality of these Hegner copies were comparable to Hegner's own machines Hegner would lose a huge amount of sales.

Latest posts

Back