Jet JSS-16 first cuts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The indexed handles are for screwing into the blade clamps and give more leverage to tighten the clamp onto pinless blades, i have them on my scrollsaw and they are a great help due to hand injury probs.
When it arrives make sure you have something solid to stand it on and if you cannot bolt it down then use some sort of G clamp this will help with vibration, when you fit a blade make sure it is square to the table and correctly tensioned (i just go by ear now and tighten until it rings) the standard blades are usually rubbish so try and get some Pegas/Niqua or FD blades as they do make a big difference.
Fingers crossed you will get a decent one and you can get scrolling..... must warn you though its very addictive and you start looking at your furniture and wondering if they will notice six inch off the legs lol
Cheers
Brian

Col,

Have you tried roughing the inside of the clamps with sand paper AND the sides of the blade where they are held.
Just a quick pass usually works for me.

Brian

the arms were not aligned on my Parkside scroll and the Einhell wasn't much better and unfortunatly they both look just like the Jet..... they should improve their quality control as they have good features etc and look the part but a few seem to be causing probs.

:D Hi guys thanks for the advice,well it arrived yesterday and I have had a wee play and so far it seems to be fine the blade seems to track ok with no side movement and is at 90* to the table when the table is on its stop.As for vibration very little without being bolted down it just sits there up to around 1500 then all hell breaks loose so I think stay under 1500 and all will be fine.I understand you can get Bristol locking handles for these any idea where ?. I got a load of Pegas blades so now to learn what blade is for what.

Cheers Don

Great news Don! and like Colin said you are one of the lucky one's :cool: I know what you mean about keeping the speed down to reduce the shakes lol the first time i switched the Parkside scrollsaw on it jumped around the sodding workshop!.
I am pleased its ok though and you will soon be scrolling masterpieces! (when you find out how to do then let me know)
Most useful blade for me so far cutting 20mm oak is the Pegas no7 and no 5 (the number 3 is better for thinner stuff) last night i cut some 20mm oak 2mm wide and approx 40mm long in a tight curve using the number 3 and took it very slowly with little pressure and worked a treat.
Have fun
Brian
Ps the Handle Cols mentioned are the same one's i bought and mine are M4 (4mm) they help to tighten the pinless blades.

Good luck with your new saw Don and please keep us informed of your progress.

Back