Jet 1221vs stand or no stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the idea is to get the pointy bit that sticks out of the tailstock at the exact height where it pokes you in the elbow. If the stand gets that just right for you then it sounds like a good place to start!

Keithie":1x5y5b7h said:
I think the idea is to get the pointy bit that sticks out of the tailstock at the exact height where it pokes you in the elbow. If the stand gets that just right for you then it sounds like a good place to start!
Its more how stable and robust the Jet offering is getting a couple for woodturning club just need to know if stand is any good

Taywood turners have them for their club and mount them on Macalister folding work benches. I don't believe they have any problems with this arrangement and they are easy to move and store. You could give them a call to discuss or pop down to Montifieth to take a look.

I have mine mounted on a home made bench and it is absolutely fine, even handles unbalanced 12" spalted Beech half logs well.

eddieperkins":2qbzqvy1 said:
Taywood turners have them for their club and mount them on Macalister folding work benches. I don't believe they have any problems with this arrangement and they are easy to move and store. You could give them a call to discuss or pop down to Montifieth to take a look.

I have mine mounted on a home made bench and it is absolutely fine, even handles unbalanced 12" spalted Beech half logs well.

We have our existing ones on homemade benches made from mainly worktop so very sturdy in the end just ordered one without the stand and put the money saved towards the Jet 1642 that is on offer just now

Latest posts

Back