Jaguar XF sport brake

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whiskywill":2vb2bfte said:
Jaguar, BMW, Range Rover, Mercedes, Audi, BMW? Whatever happened to austerity? :p

Austerity when I grew up was a bike if you were well off, otherwise shanks's pony :lol:

cutting42":2p55rvva said:
paulm":2p55rvva said:
Is it only me that hates the term sport brake, is it an Americanism ?!!! :)

The phrase comes from Shooting Brake I believe which is a very old English term and used to describe a large vehicle taking the landed gentry and their mates out for a days shooting.

Or, a Morris Minor Shooting Brake. They were just excellent.

Neil (showing his age a little) :lol:

there is pcp options, certainly. For me, I would rather have a premium car that is a bit older than a newer but less premium one.

There are some cracking lease deals out there, if that is what you want- a well specced £40k e class merc was £260 a month, with a first payment of £2400. You don't own anything at the end, but if you want to buy a new car, £260 a month doesn't get much estate car at all, even with a large balloon payment at the end.

I think that I will end up buying used instead. my current car plus a few k. it will cost me about 2k in depreciation I think when I come to sell it on in 3 or 4 years. For the same budget that I am looking at, I could get a 12-18 month old mondoe estate or a 3-4 year old jag/audi/bmw/mercedes. you pay your money and take your choice. I am under no illusion that any day to day car represents a good investment.

Back