I've just binned a whole load of this recently

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just phoned the boss and told him to stick his window cleaning job where he sun don't shine. It's all gravy now.

hol crapple, I must have burned about £3Ks worth of shavings at the weekend getting a 45Gal drum barbie going or is apple, hickory and oak cheaper? #-o

Have to say though, if the spams want to spend that kind of cash on carp I think I need an etsy page

"I found ++++++ Woodworking and was attracted immediately to ******’s style, and I was even more thrilled to find that he was able to do custom work! I reached out to him and within the hour, he sent me back a response with thorough answers to all of my questions. I was more than confident in $$$$$$’s ability to deliver my shelves.
I absolutely LOVE my shelves! These shelves add so much character to the common area, and I am so in love with how well it connects everything else in the room."

£80+ for two poxy shelves. I'm soooo glad she reached out to him! :lol: :lol:

The reviews were in no way suspect ;-)

Presumably his mum and sister posted them :)

By the way its £80+ *per* shelf :-(

phil.p":3an6kn8l said:
"I found ++++++ Woodworking and was attracted immediately to ******’s style, and I was even more thrilled to find that he was able to do custom work! I reached out to him and within the hour, he sent me back a response with thorough answers to all of my questions. I was more than confident in $$$$$$’s ability to deliver my shelves.
I absolutely LOVE my shelves! These shelves add so much character to the common area, and I am so in love with how well it connects everything else in the room."

£80+ for two poxy shelves. I'm soooo glad she reached out to him! :lol: :lol:

dynax":27p0i6hr said:

Mike, were you searching etsy for Walnut Wood Shavings in particular? Because if you were I can sell you all you need for half that price and free shipping. I can, at no extra charge, throw in a video of me making the shavings, just to prove they are hand made from real wood. :D

I mean, here was me wondering if it was in any way possible to sell the odd thing here and there on etsy to defray the cost of the wood (not even thinking of being profitable, I was more thinking if I made 100 to 200 quid per year it'd make the wood at least break even), and all the while this sort of thing is going on?

Pineappling tropical fruit batman!

Geordie Joe":306o5h11 said:
dynax":306o5h11 said:

Mike, were you searching etsy for Walnut Wood Shavings in particular? Because if you were I can sell you all you need for half that price and free shipping. I can, at no extra charge, throw in a video of me making the shavings, just to prove they are hand made from real wood. :D

=D> =D> HAhaha, nice, i was just having a google for some ideas for pot pourri bowls and and i came across wood shavings that can be used like cedar etc, which led me to etsy and found that listing,

£78.62 per pound.

Well, life is about learning and I am now going to Google to learn whether or not "DIY home decor needs" is a euphemism for "smoking pipe". :-$

Eric The Viking":205oq1bu said:
El Barto":205oq1bu said:
but how do they manage to move the mouse?
Modern gaming-level mice have ultra-smooth teflon feet and weigh very little, so it takes almost no force to glide them across the fine-weave neoprene mousemat...

Geoff_S":205oq1bu said:
£78.62 per pound.
Don't forget this is a pound of hand-made wood shavings, which are made to order....
so presumably that means he'll do you some in an equal mix of one, half and quarter-thou thicknesses, curled to precise Fibonacci curls, if you order them thus, right?
[shaking head smiley]

We're all laughing, but I notice nobody is talking about the elephant in the room.

Namely, how is he sharpening the handplane he's making those with? And to what angle?

MarkDennehy":2r6edt04 said:
Namely, how is he sharpening the handplane he's making those with? And to what angle?
Dun' matter - It's only razor sharp, not Scary Sharp.
Second rate craftsman...

Hello,

Walnut contains the extractive 'juglone' which is a poison and is not recommended for use as pet bedding (shavings) or chopping boards, which is something the vendor seems to make. It is a strong sensitiser so contact with unfinished wood and shavings and dust, can lead to allergies. So whatever interior decor uses the shavings get put to is likely to cause the user problems at some point.

That said, I think 80 quid for a walnut shelf, which is clearly made as some sort of torsion box, is actually a fair price.

Mike.

Back